Gaming Mouse

Mitchie123

Mitchie123

Hi There, I read an article that there are 2 types of an optical mouse - Optical LED and Laser. It seems that the ones we're using now are already the laser type. For me they're all functioning the same I guess. As long as the cursor is smooth then I'm all set. Has anyone got any insights if this really matters?

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
I stole this off the internet:

"The optical mouse uses an LED light as an illumination source, while the laser mouse, as its name indicates, uses a laser. Optical mice have a resolution of around 3,000 dpi, while laser mice have a resolution between 6,000 and 15,000+ dpi. Since laser mice have a higher dpi, they can track more dots per inch and are more sensitive."

Mitchie123

Mitchie123

Thanks Steve... I also read a note that the latest mouses are all using laser since 2004 when Logitech partnered with Agilent Technologies and introduced the first mainstream laser mouse. So I guess this is something that we shouldn't worry about.

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
No the lastest are Not all using laser.... But from I understand, most people can't tell the difference unless they're a gamer or graphic designer.

Associates