games with best cinematics

X

xiaofeng

I think diablo 2 got the best quality game cinematic ever seen in a game. I always loved games with good cinematics even though the game is a crap I still buy them. So what can you people recommend, you know games like tekken, ridge racer, broodwar etc.

Baloneyflaps

Baloneyflaps

Super Moderator
I agree... D2 had absolutely INCREDIBLE cinematics!

Also... for the time it came out, the Mechwarrior series had very nice cinematics.

S

starsky

anyone ever play Wheel of time? Cut scenes were amazing. I'd have to say thats the best one i've seen.

zodder

zodder

Suedehead
Nice call on Wheel of Time. The graphics weren't as good as D2 (the best graphic cinematics ever IMHO) but they did really help paint a picture of the story.

Mephisto

Mephisto

Tomb Raider IV

------------------
You seem pretty young to be searching for that kind of fun!

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Jedi Knight does have good cut scenes, but the quality of Diablo 2's are much better imo.

L

LastLegionary

Jedi Knight (they used live actors)

Diablo2
Starcraft/Broodwars

Blizzard knows how to do art and cinematics.

A

AlanArpeggio

Jedi Knight's cutscenes were kind of neat the first time around, but after the second I began to realize how reeeaaally bad the acting was.
The single cutscene that probably captured my attention and wow'ed me the most would probably have to be Thief's opening. It's got it's own unique style and art.
--Alan

A

aug1516

For me I have always enjoyed all the Command and COnquer series cutscenes. Some of the best ones were in C&C2: Tiberiun Sun though, but red alert had some cool ones too. Soviet Power!

P

Pico

Blade Runner.... you really felt like you were watching a movie while playing. The visuals were a tribute to the original movie.

G

g13

1. Starcraft--especially the Dragoons uncloaking in the Terran encampment. The Aliens rip off was cool too.
2. FF7--the final scene, coupled with the excellent music was really top notch.
3. D2--wish they spent as much time allocating server space and working on bugs as they did on the cinemas
4. Dungeon Keeper 2--short and sweet and not too serious
5. TombRaider series--except for the first, the games sucked. The cinemas were the only good reason to keep playing.
6. ResidentEvil--for one cinema alone--the first zombie that turns towards you. Scary.

If intros count, AoE2 and MW3 as mentioned. That's all I can think of with the ones I've played. I'm sure Warcraft3 will conquer all.