Free at last!

Ratt

Ratt

The Ratt is acquitted and still in one piece! :D

Posted here earlier.

Well, it's been tough for me mentally for the past 2 years since the incident. I opted for self representation and bench trial with myself against 4 prosecution witnesses. I doubt that a majority of the public knows what it is like to be a trucker driving a semi so why bother with a jury trial.

It all started with a story something like a cross between Elroy P Lobo vs BJ McKay in the beginning and ended something like in The 12 Angry Men. I had a very tough beginning with me losing my GPS data for my defense but in the end I managed to prove a reasonable doubt to the prosecution charge against me.

About the saying:
A person who represents himself has a fool for a client.

I agree with this since one has to view the evidence from the prosecution objectively without any personal emotions clouding one's judgment and at the same time formulate questions to probe for weakness in the witness's testimony. Trust me. Self representation is damned difficult and I have a new found respect for the best trial lawyers from this experience. But if I can do it, so can others. Understanding and following the law in the first place helps a lot.

Can't say much since it's payback time and I am going to hire an attorney for my upcoming lawsuit. They have tried to shoot me with their peashooters loaded with blanks. It's my turn now to fire back with my guns fully loaded.

I dedicate my struggle and acquittal to all the truckers out there driving semis being blamed for incidents that is 100% not their fault. Keep on truckin' and follow Robocop's advice: Stay out of trouble. ;)

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
Your Posted Here link goes to a thread about a new comact camera...Guessing that isn't what you intended to do?

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
I still don't get what the "incident" is or why the pics in #13 have to do with anything;) I did see a reference to lawyers?

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
Glad to hear you got through it. Good luck with the next step. Ever drive for R&R?

Ratt

Ratt

I still don't get what the "incident" is or why the pics in #13 have to do with anything I did see a reference to lawyers?
An "incident" can be defined as "any event which is not part of the standard operation of a service and which causes, or may cause, an interruption to, or a reduction in, the quality of service." Please don't tell me that you haven't faced this sort of "incident" in your career.

Anyway, I can't talk about THAT "incident". I could get into trouble. Let the proper authorities conclude their investigation. It's over for me. To err is human and that my friend includes Law Enforcement Officers. End of story.

The camera? Well I found it useful. It's the size of a cigarette pack and these days I always carry it with me on the road as backup to avoid facing anymore "incidents". ;)

What I can talk about is that you can get charged with an offense, go to court, self represent yourself, do your own research and investigation, give a solid defense and get acquitted. While we are at it, maybe we can talk about the stigma of being acquitted in court for something that a person allegedly did not do or allegedly to have done like the famous singer whom passed away last year.

Thanks, Danceman. Everything is back to normal. Nope. I haven't driven for R&R. With an NDA now, can't talk about my current job.

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
As long as the incident didn't have anyting to do with the dragonfly in post #13 - I'll just OK and I too am happy that all is well.

I did my own divorce once - does that count?

Ratt

Ratt

Thank you all for the support.

does that count?
Yeah, I think that counts.

I wouldn't say my marriage is perfect. 12 years I think. There are some rough patches here and there. I can't recall celebrating my wedding anniversary nor birthdays. In my wallet, you won't find any photos except for my drivers license and security passes. I usually joke around that I'm married but single but I have never been unfaithful.

From the beginning of the relationship I was never asked the following question and I was unable to answer after one serious argument years ago.
"Do you love me?"

Never got asked again. Been called a heartless person many times. I think the only thing that keeps us together is trust and having a lot of personal space.

Over the years, I've grown too dependent.
I mean who is going to take care of the home while I'm away? Maintain the garden?
Housekeeping duties? Clean up after my mess?
Taking care of my puddy tats?
Cook and feed me while I'm at home?
I also need someone to cuddle during the cold rainy nights.

I don't know what lies at the road ahead of me years from now, but I don't think I can forge ahead all alone.... :(

Many marriages are simply working partnerships between businessmen and housekeepers. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

This works for me. I dunno about the younger generation today though....

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Thank you all for the support.

Yeah, I think that counts.

I wouldn't say my marriage is perfect. 12 years I think. There are some rough patches here and there. I can't recall celebrating my wedding anniversary nor birthdays. In my wallet, you won't find any photos except for my drivers license and security passes. I usually joke around that I'm married but single but I have never been unfaithful.

From the beginning of the relationship I was never asked the following question and I was unable to answer after one serious argument years ago.
"Do you love me?"

Never got asked again. Been called a heartless person many times. I think the only thing that keeps us together is trust and having a lot of personal space.

Over the years, I've grown too dependent.
I mean who is going to take care of the home while I'm away? Maintain the garden?
Housekeeping duties? Clean up after my mess?
Taking care of my puddy tats?
Cook and feed me while I'm at home?
I also need someone to cuddle during the cold rainy nights.

I don't know what lies at the road ahead of me years from now, but I don't think I can forge ahead all alone.... :(

Many marriages are simply working partnerships between businessmen and housekeepers. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

This works for me. I dunno about the younger generation today though....

I haven't found one I can put up with for more than a few years yet. ;)

Need one that doesn't think the Universe surrounds them and what they want.... Fat chance on that....

I am really an easy going guy and very easy to get along with. :)

BUT I take ZERO crap and as soon as it starts I tell them to hit the door because it just never stops once it starts, it just gets worse. ;)

I don't want to hear it period and I really don't care at all until they have earned my trust, none has yet. I gave them all plenty of rope and they all hung themselves... Go figure.

I don't trust ANY of them as far as I can throw them with money or much else especially these days. ;)

Ratt

Ratt

Need one that doesn't think the Universe surrounds them and what they want.... Fat chance on that....
That's normal and expected of the Venusian. Venusian and Martians travel on a different path in life so you can't expect them to act the same. If that really bothers you, try and go out with an older, matured and independent career woman. You may find it a liberating experience.

Examples: Maxwell Caulfield & Juliet Mills (Happily married for 3 decades in spite of their age difference), Percy Gibson and Joan Collins (longest so far, 8 years and counting)

Better look fast, I hear that things start to go down pretty fast like a free fall when we reach the big 50. :eek:

BUT I take ZERO crap and as soon as it starts I tell them to hit the door because it just never stops once it starts, it just gets worse
Remember the story of Adam and Eve? Sometimes it is better to live and let live. Nobody is perfect and that includes yours truly.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
That's normal and expected of the Venusian. Venusian and Martians travel on a different path in life so you can't expect them to act the same. If that really bothers you, try and go out with an older, matured and independent career woman. You may find it a liberating experience.

Examples: Maxwell Caulfield & Juliet Mills (Happily married for 3 decades in spite of their age difference), Percy Gibson and Joan Collins (longest so far, 8 years and counting)

Better look fast, I hear that things start to go down pretty fast like a free fall when we reach the big 50. :eek:

Remember the story of Adam and Eve? Sometimes it is better to live and let live. Nobody is perfect and that includes yours truly.

I tried the live and let live thing...

The crap just kept getting worse as I said before.

Associates