Forum reformat idea

krupted

krupted

its nice that we have directories in our forums so its easier to find topics, but with the amount of traffic this place get anymore what if we just pooled everything into the general forum? maybe it would increase members as it would look like a busy forum?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the idea, but I doubt it ... as long as we've got our high quality and smart, savvy discussions, we frankly don't worry that much about seasonal rising and falling quantity, and I think a newcomer visiting the board would be more pleased to see, "Hey, there's a great choice of forums for every interest here" than "Wow, there are a lot of posts in this one big (good luck finding what you want) forum."

Thanks for reading,
Eric

krupted

krupted

i know, it was more of a complaint i guess. this has got to be the slowest computer forum on the net...

AMD Guy

AMD Guy

I think it is only slow on postings some times. There are a great many people who just visit us and partake of our vast knowledge.

EvlTwn

EvlTwn

To put my two cents in and I hope that it is ok being the major newbie and all...but I do like your setup here very nice and easy to navigate. Also some of the most helpful and friendly people. Thanks for a great place to come and learn and to find help.

glussier

glussier

If you want to see a popular forum, look at this one, close to 7000 users at one time on the forum:

krupted

krupted

well i wasnt intending to link other forums that are busy, that could take a year. i like this forums setup too, its a shame that nobody is ever here.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
glussier said:
If you want to see a popular forum, look at this one, close to 7000 users at one time on the forum:

Looks like tons of confused people there running Red Hat. :eek:

glussier

glussier

jankerson said:
Looks like tons of confused people there running Red Hat. :eek:
Look at the most ever users online bit on that snapshot. Close to 12,000 members online.

krupted

krupted

so would i, but its hard to have quality with no quantity at all. its not a seasonal thing either, during the peak times this place still crawls. and isnt this supposed to be about the busy time? i cant even get one thread about a new pc game going, and there is NO pc games comming out right now.

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

Well, I think more people might be searching the archives before asking. These days people "Google" everything, and the answers are very good. I know we have many guests, and there have been a few cases where I've posted a question here and then searched the internet for solutions, only to find my thread at HWC as #1 or #2 on the search results. My Gateway notebook thread comes up quickly, since the model I bought at Best Buy isn't even listed on Gateway's website! I guess the point I'm trying to make is that despite the lack of widespread participation, I think quite a few people are still visiting and viewing all the time. In a way, HWC has become more like a talk/radio show--we get a few callers, but we have far more listeners. How's that for a terrible analogy? :D

E

ELF2000

I would choose quality over quantity anyday. I think there would always be regulair members here.

AMD Guy said:
Hello Line 5, your on HWC! :D
Hello HWC, I have a problem with my computer. :D

Associates