For the agnostic or athiest or anarchist

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Originally posted by Richard R.
Well not meaning to crap on the subject. But there is a reason, and it is all written down. Check out the Bible sometime, really check it out. From beiginning to end, then read it again. There really isn't a need to wonder about anything, it's all written right in that book what it's all about, been about, and will be about.

Enough said !!
I know it is and believe everything in it to be true.;)

But then I have faith.

But lets Try and keep the thread as the OP wanted it to be. :)

F

F_A_L_C_O_N

Ive heard/read accounts of senior military people, russian ww2 general Konjev being one of them, hinting towards ghost battles being fought, so to speak.

What they felt is, when walking the field where major battle was fought, they got visions of event still being there, almost like those battles would have been cought in some sort of time bubble.

Many historians know of similar feelings when researching old battles.

My thinking on the subject is, time is by no means a linear affair, but rather a multi directional force binding us all together and at the same time keeping us all apart.

One can probably travel in time like one travels in 3D space we know and this is where the ghost phenomena comes from IMO.

This is also why I am much less dimsissive of "old" knowledge gathered by now ancient coltures.
For example I was always intrigued by the native american idea of listening to the wind, so to stay connected to their ancestors.
Whereas certain east Aisan coltures took that one step further and made their houses right above graves of their dead relatives.
There is also phenomena of highly evolved and little understood coltures of south America where Maya for example built their momental structures so to transcend time and Inca built their whole empire around the idea of stopping the time itself.

Last edited:
O

ol' man

workin fingas to the bone
Originally posted by krupted
well, the first thing i noted was that this isnt for those who are kind to religon, and the title should be enough to keep you from even looking in this thread. Please, no crapping, if you want to start an 'i love jesus' thread, go ahead. and no i wont pass it on to a guy making fun of me.
No your title didn't say much. The laws in the US say you are not to be bias against some one because of their race or religion.

The only people I have ever known that have pushed their point(their religion) onto me were these so called atheists. I don't push my religion on anyone but I am not going to listen to some one who is religiously ****** speak ill of religion.

I want to keep all conformitist religion blah crap out of this discussion if possible, please start another thread for your stuff if so.

What i wanted to ask was, whats this life to you? do you take this like a matrix type deal, or are we really here for a plausible reason?

For some reason i like to lean on the idea that not much of this is very real, too many variables and somehow holding steady, barely, but were hanging in there.

I believe many people forget, or overlook the fact that this place we are trown into is something straight from the wizard of oz. to me this place is fukcin nuts

anyone with me or the rest of you just gonna burn in hell?
I don't think this place is nutz. It has a very clear purpose. But like Curly from the movie "City Slickers" said you have to find out what that one purpose in life is and no one else can find it for you. My observation is that you have not found it yet.

Religion.. grrr.. hate it so much.
This is as bad as being racist. You hate people of faith?

Edited by jankerson to remove comments about racism

Edited by Shinma

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
Originally posted by F_A_L_C_O_N
Ive heard/read accounts of senior military people, russian ww2 general Konjev being one of them, hinting towards ghost battles being fought, so to speak.

What they felt is, when walking the field where major battle was fought, they got visions of event still being there, almost like those battles would have been cought in some sort of time bubble.

Many historians know of similar feelings when researching old battles.

My thinking on the subject is, time is by no means a linear affair, but rather a multi directional force binding us all together and at the same time keeping us all apart.

One can probably travel in time like one travels in 3D space we know and this is where the ghost phenomena comes from IMO.

This is also why I am much less dimsissive of "old" knowledge gathered by now ancient coltures.
For example I was always intrigued by the native american idea of listening to the wind, so to stay connected to their ancestors.
Whereas certain east Aisan coltures took that one step further and made their houses right above graves of their dead relatives.
There is also phenomena of highly evolved and little understood coltures of south America where Maya for example built their momental structures so to transcend time and Inca built their whole empire around the idea of stopping the time itself.
yeah there are many such stories of 'time slips' , often involving old battles as you say.

The time travel idea is certainly plausible, as we have already shown that time travel into the future is possible, albeit only by tiny amounts at present. The combination of microgravity and the high speed which they are travelling at means that the astronauts on Mir and the ISS gain a few fractions of a second over people on earth - as predicted by Relativity.

Dowsing (aka water divining) is another example of something which undoubtedly works, even though we still have no idea how. There must be some unseen force of attraction between the water and either the dowsing rod or the dowser himself.

It would be a shame to lose touch with all these ancient arts/skills as we become ever more dependent on technology (says me, sat in front of my TFT monitor and 64 bit processor :D )

samcurry

samcurry

it's to bad for either side when they have to revert to a personal attack to get their point across.

I am neither, I ride the pine still looking for what is right in this world. I see valid points in both views, BUT then It's only perspectives were looking at.

Edited By jankerson to remove quoted personal attack

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
I will shut down this thread if I see one more personal attack on another member

Keep it friendy or it will be locked or Deleted.

F

F_A_L_C_O_N

So guys if you could please redirect your personal attacks to PM and leave this rather interesting thread open to the rest of us :)

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Originally posted by F_A_L_C_O_N
So guys if you could please redirect your personal attacks to PM and leave this rather interesting thread open to the rest of us :)
Yes very interesting thread. :) (thats's why I didn't lock it)

I have read alot of things about the battle field ghost stuff over the years. Very interesting topic really.

krupted

krupted

sorry mods- that was a late post lastnight, i really dont even remember everything i wrote

i appreciate the respect as you havent closed the thread:cool:

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
sorry mods- that was a late post lastnight, i really dont even remember everything i wrote

lol, I've done that too, over-reacted slightly to a comment from a forum member and got into a bit of a barney about it

I came to the conclusion that beer and hwc forum don't mix :p

edit: not suggesting you over-reacted, btw :)

Pipewrench

Pipewrench

Follower of Christ

i appreciate the respect as you havent closed the thread:cool:
Quit drinking so much.

AMD Guy

AMD Guy

As you all know I am an athiest. I believe that life is just what it is. No 'purpose' or heroic acts for most of us. We all have a need to belong to something bigger and more permanent than ourselves. For some it is a gang, a political party, a club or a religion. The only perpetual item in existance is the struggle between perceived good and perceived evil. Mankind is often thrust into the middle of this struggle. Both sides have their own Heros.

As I posted I bought all of the LOTR movies last night for the full collectors edition copies. Throughout that more than 11 hours of movie I can not remember one mention of a higher 'God-like' power. Refreshing. Gandolf's return from the dead hints at something close to a purpose. Or from the Last Samurai is quoted, "I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

All we can do as Gandolf said is to make the most of what time we do have here. To help your friends and neighbors. To have compassion for vanquished enemies. To try to leave the world in a better place than when you entered it. Note that terrorists do not fit in this category. They have no honor.

Last edited:
jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
To help your friends and neighbors. To have compassion for vanquished enemies. To try to leave the world in a better place than when you entered it.

Good point and very true. :)

That is the key really, if all of us would just do that we all would have alot less Wars etc.

krupted

krupted

i see it the other way- those who believe in the bible are closed minded, one god, one love everything is meant to be perfect, but it's not like that.

I'm open to many ideas, but not ones written in a book by man himself, thats called a fable.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
i see it the other way- those who believe in the bible are closed minded, one god, one love everything is meant to be perfect, but it's not like that.

I'm open to many ideas, but not ones written in a book by man himself, thats called a fable.

Not all people who have faith are closed minded, but like everything a few bad ones overshadow all the good ones.

I wouldn't call the Bible a fable, as it's not. it is documentation of what really happened.

We all know how old the New Testiment is, that is a no brainer there. What we don't realy know is how Old the Old Testiment is.

Nobody knows for sure, many people guess that it is over 4000 years old.

The Bible is true facts there is no doubt there, just like any other Non Fiction book or the history book.

Whether people choose to believe it or not that is a different story.

But then Some people even to this day don't believe that Hitler had al those Jews killed...We know that it happened, but some people are so closed minded they don't believe it.

Are you getting the point yet?

We all know what happened to the Jews......But maybe 2 thousand years from know someone will say nah that never happened, this History book is just a fable (Written by Man).....

Something to think about. ;)

Associates