For the agnostic or athiest or anarchist

krupted

krupted

I want to keep all religious ideology(s), deity(s) and affiliation(s) out of this discussion where possible.
This thread is intended to explore alternative lifestyles without religion!

Please start your own thread for discussions in theology, religions, cannon law...

What i wanted to ask was, whats this life to you? do you take this like a matrix type deal, or are we really here for a plausible reason?

For some reason i like to lean on the idea that not much of this is very real, too many variables and somehow holding steady, barely, but were hanging in there.

I believe many people forget, or overlook the fact that this place we are trown into is something straight from the wizard of oz. to me this place is ******' nuts

anyone with me or the rest of you just gonna burn in hell? j/k

EDITED: For grammar and clarification with full knowledge/permission of thread starter.
- Shinma

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
If you really want to know...

Life ended for me on 9/11; now I just exist. I saw so many horrible events that day I just wanna...well. And before Mr. Religion gets his 2 cents in here, yes, I was down there working...

At least JD is my friend now; he keeps evil at bay...

Justintime

Justintime

Religion.. grrr.. hate it so much.

plausible reason? lol dunno i still don't see how but take it day by day and enjoy it to the fullest, might be ya only chance i guess.

krupted

krupted

oh i dont know if i enjoy life the same way as many, but i do have my times:)

9/11 was horrific, there is not even a movie that has tried a scale of hell like that. but in a sense i think history is just repeating itself, we are destined to destroy eachother.

at least until we as a whole earth realize we dont know why we are here, and we never will. Too many people i believe get too used to life, they tell themselves a reason for them to be here and they simply accept that. Not only that, they will do many things to protect what they know.

Religon would be fine, if everyone accepted the same one and we all believed it. But with the hundreds that there are, all we did was make a worldwide street-gang turf war.

I make these similies a lot but its a lot like the war on drugs, if we could get rid of the law that restricts, crime would much less exist. If we could get rid of all these crazy religous ideas and accept that we just dont know, we could focus on making our lives better instead of killing ourselves.

rangeral

rangeral

Our Friend
911 wasn't anymore horrific than what has happened in past century's over war, inquisitions etc., pillaging, raping and murder of countless thousands or millions of people. In this day most people live like we do and to be able to see it live brought it home to millions around the world whereas in past centuries if you lived 500 or a 1000 miles from destruction it wouldn't hit home til it came to your doorstep and bit you. A good reason to fight the fight on the terrorists turf than wait for it to get here as liberals would prefer, pretty sick bunch.

Religion had to start somewhere cause we always need to look to some father figure to guide us and of course we looked a little higher. In the course of getting it rite different people had different ways of looking at it but when it comes to god its the same thing whatever you call it, believing in the messenger of god is another story.

F

F_A_L_C_O_N

I am still checking out how deep the rabbit hole goes and so far, probably, barely left the surface ;)

One think I am constantly trying to keep in mind is some things are simply beyond my current comprehansion.
So I basically keep mental notes and hopefully one day I am able to see the bigger picture :cool:

As for historic importance of certain events.
I am affraid they barely have any significance.
History, even modern history, is written by conquers and as such gives little importance to true facts of life, but rather concentrates on what constitutes the integral part of current propaganda. All driven not so much by conspiracy, as by profit and greed.

Last edited:
jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
I live in the present, don't dwell on the past because if you live in the past you might miss something that happens today. :)

The past is old news, look at what is happening today and try and make everyday a good one. :)

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Originally posted by rangeral
911 wasn't anymore horrific than what has happened in past century's over war, inquisitions etc., pillaging, raping and murder of countless thousands or millions of people.

Yep I agree. It happened as did all the wars over the past thousands of years. That is in the past, old news, time to move on and live in the present.

In this day most people live like we do and to be able to see it live brought it home to millions around the world whereas in past centuries if you lived 500 or a 1000 miles from destruction it wouldn't hit home til it came to your doorstep and bit you. A good reason to fight the fight on the terrorists turf than wait for it to get here as liberals would prefer, pretty sick bunch.

Yeah we really need to do something about the terrorists, what the real answer is I don't know.

Religion had to start somewhere cause we always need to look to some father figure to guide us and of course we looked a little higher. In the course of getting it rite different people had different ways of looking at it but when it comes to god its the same thing whatever you call it, believing in the messenger of god is another story.
Yes everyone believes in something, no matter what religion they are, just don't push it on everyone else because they don't think the same way.

krupted

krupted

well, the first thing i noted was that this isnt for those who are kind to religon, and the title should be enough to keep you from even looking in this thread. Please, no crapping, if you want to start an 'i love jesus' thread, go ahead. and no i wont pass it on to a guy making fun of me.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Originally posted by krupted
well, the first thing i noted was that this isnt for those who are kind to religon, and the title should be enough to keep you from even looking in this thread. Please, no crapping, if you want to start an 'i love jesus' thread, go ahead. and no i wont pass it on to a guy making fun of me.
There are some valid points against religion. ;)

But then everyone has their opinion.;)

I am a Christian for the record, but I don't push what I believe on others.;)

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Originally posted by jankerson
I am a Christian for the record, but I don't push what I believe on others.;)
Thank you jankerson. I wish there were more people like you.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Originally posted by Huge
Thank you jankerson. I wish there were more people like you.
No Problem, I wish there was more people like me too, but it seems there are more who do push it too hard...I can't stand those people....:mad:

Martin_89

Martin_89

911 was a terrible day, it turned the world to a stand still, nearly every one of our TV channels were showing the events, the streets were empty. and this is from the other side of the world.

other bad stuff happens but it usually doesnt get shown anywhere apart from the contry it happened in.

did anyone hear about the Dunblane Massacre in 1996 when the guy walked into the school and shot 29 6 year olds? that was all over our screens. happened about a 15 mins drive from here.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Originally posted by Martin_89
911 was a terrible day, it turned the world to a stand still, nearly every one of our TV channels were showing the events, the streets were empty. and this is from the other side of the world.

other bad stuff happens but it usually doesnt get shown anywhere apart from the contry it happened in.

did anyone hear about the Dunblane Massacre in 1996 when the guy walked into the school and shot 29 6 year olds? that was all over our screens. happened about a 15 mins drive from here.

I did hear about it.

This thing about Terrorists is only new in the US, over on your side of the world it has been going on for hundreds of years.

Although terrible as it really was and I will say it NEVER should have happened in the first place.......it was a good eye opener to these morons over here in the US that had the idea that It can't happen here.

So in the end it was a good eye opener and reality check for people in the US. ;)

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
Originally posted by krupted

What i wanted to ask was, whats this life to you? do you take this like a matrix type deal, or are we really here for a plausible reason?

For some reason i like to lean on the idea that not much of this is very real, too many variables and somehow holding steady, barely, but were hanging in there.

I believe many people forget, or overlook the fact that this place we are trown into is something straight from the wizard of oz. to me this place is fukcin nuts

anyone with me or the rest of you just gonna burn in hell? :D j/k
We definitely still have a long way to go to understand why everything is here, and how it all works. Like most of you guys I tend to look for a scientific explanation to it all, I'm afraid I just can't get my head around the idea of some grand architect or creator. The problem with that argument is - who created the creator?

I recently read a cool book called 'The Universe Next Door' , it has some pretty cool theories in it. One thing that scientists have shown is that if they create two electrons, they can then separate them by any distance and reverse the spin of one of them. When they do this, the spin of the other electron changes at exactly the same time - even if they were at opposite ends of the universe. So there must be something linking them, a kind of ghostly cat 5 network cable, maybe :p

It's a fascinating book, and has loads of stuff like that which makes you realise how little we still know about the universe, despite the efforts of Hawking, Einstein, Heisenberg, etc.

To be honest, I don't think we'll ever fully understand how (or, more importantly, why) everything began.

As for where humanity is headed, I hate to sound pessimistic but we're overdue for an Ice age, a supervolcano and probably a collision with a rock the size of Texas!! I think we'll be around for a few thousand years yet but the insects and bacteria will be around millions of years after we're extinct.

What do you reckon happens when we die? I reckon the lights just go out, but then I do kinda believe in ghosts as well !! :rolleyes:

edit: just noticed on Google that there are a number of books called 'The Universe Next Door' - the one I read was by Marcus Chown

Last edited:
jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
I don't really know what happens when we die for sure, but then again NOBODY else does either for sure.

I like to look at what the scientists have to say too.

But then I believe they have proven that Ghosts are real with plenty of documentation to that fact, so who knows.

Alot of weird stuff has happened over lets say the past 7000 years or so and has been documented here and there, but it is hard to say and prove if it is true or not.

Look at the 4 Horsemen.....They Raped, Killed, burned for they say thousands of years......If it is true, but even the Bible has scripture on them so who knows.