FLAC tag/vorbis support in Windows

krupted

krupted

Im curious to know a way to get windows explorer to read FLAC tags as it does MP3 tags. when you browse the folder, it just reads flac filename and cannot sort by artist, track number, etc like it can with mp3's.

In the process turning a good deal of my music into flac, at least the albums i listen to. with harddrive prices going where theyre going, mp3's might very well be on their way out!

krupted

krupted

actually i had tried that program before posting, yet was immediately frustrated when i found it did absolutely nothing. it seems like it didnt even install, but there is a readme in the start menu for the program so i know it did. and yes, i did restart the system after install...

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
Forgot you're using Vista. If you're using Vista x64 you're really screwed. There are some pay programs like dbpowerAMP, but I don't know how good the shell integration is, or if it's what you're looking for. DbpowerAMP does work in both Vista 32bit/64bit though.

krupted

krupted

"shouldnt" matter. audioshell claims vista 32bit support. not surprised though, pretty much any program that alters system files are stopped dead in tracks by vista. oh well, this is a minor problem anyway, its just to view and burn cd's from explorer and not needing jrmedia center. i can use jrmc though, they fixed their vista issues between the RTM and retail release (cough, hack, puke nvidia)

Associates