First Game?

D

digitaldog

Still here!
What was the first game you ever played on PC that got you hooked ? For me it was C&C (dos version).DD.

samcurry

samcurry

Mine was tribes. I played for 2-3 hours every nite, then the wife started yelling after about 2 months of that..blah blah
I am addicted now.
Sam

S

Sampoerna

I played some games on my husband's old Apple II GS, but I won't count those. The first PC game that I was seriously addicted to was Lucasarts' X-Wing vs TIE Fighter. Since I have a TNT2 card, I can't play it anymore, but man, that was fun. Now I play X-Wing Alliance, but the online community at the Zone is so stagnant nowadays.

------------------
-- Sampœrna

J

jliger99

The original Wizardry...

------------------
JLiger99

"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."
Sherlock Holmes - The Boscombe Valley Mystery

N

np6122

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I dunno if I can think that far back!!! I think it was probably wolfenstein 3D!! I remember how shitty that game was, but still fun.

M

montezuma

Kings quest I and snipes.

Imagine that snipes-thing: levels from a1 up to z9, and all that in 15008 B (no, there's no "k" missing there!)

D

Duckman

Just plain mean
Dunno, maybe Gianna Sisters, Cabal or Californiagames...or maybe Spy Hunter...on Commodore 64 of course.

Duckman

------------------
Visit my homepage:
Duckman's Wild Page
Site Content: Overclocking, cooling and a lot of BS about Me, Myself and I.
Sorry, I didn't hear you, I was staring at your breasts.

H

HomeLAN

Got both the original Xcom and the original Master of Orion on the same day. A real life-changing experience...

1fast6

1fast6

Wow, really dustin off the old cobwebs here.

First commercial games: probably Starfox and Jumpman on C-64 (circa 1982).

First game on a computer that was mine: Hangman. I wrote it in basic to play on my Sinclair ZX81 with 16k of memory and a casette recorder for storage (circa 1980). Hey duckman..think you can overclock that one.

But the first games I played on any computer were "Lunar Lander" on a DEC mini and a multiplayer game called "Star Trek" on a Honeywell mainframe (both circa 1979). The DEC had a keyboard and printer only, no screen. What you typed printed out on the printer. The Honeywell had 128k and used tickertape as the mechanism for storage.

Great fun.

------------------
Be quick. Be fast.