FIC VA-503+ wiht K6-2 300 o/c 350

C

cunha

I own a Fic 503+ motherboard and have just installed a K6-2 300 processor... Sometimes I get "illegal operation" windows messages on the screen... Any ideas of what it could be???
My Hard: FIC 503+, K6-2 300 o/c 350, Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM 2MB, Diamond Monster 3D I, 64MB PC100
Soft: Win98

NEED HELP...

A

Well, start at the begining. Drop your OC and let the CPU run at what it is rated for. See if the problem persists. If it does, check your memory out next. If the problem goes away with the OC, then try to OC it to 333Mhz instead.

K

Kash

I know this is late but the 300s are very touchy depending on the batchrun. Some won't O/C at all. They run true at 100Mhz and they dislike the 3.5 setting, try the 95Mhz bus speed, but that will actually be a tradeoff of course.

Kash

K

Kash

I know this is late but the 300s are very touchy depending on the batchrun. Some won't O/C at all. They run true at 100Mhz and they dislike the 3.5 setting, try the 95Mhz bus speed, but that will actually be a tradeoff of course.

Kash

D

daveyp

Have you upped the CPU core voltage as well? Pushing a k6-2 300 to 350mhz will cause stability problems unless is gets a little more juice (you are safe to try 2.3 and 2.4v, anything over 2.5v will damage your CPU over a long period of time).

I've got a 333mhz K6-2 which I overclock to 350 and initially I too got repeated blue screens until I increased to CPU voltage from 2.2 to 2.3v - and now everything is fine!

good luck
Davey P

Associates