Fan question

fire

fire

computer guy
Iam thinking of placeing a fan on the top of my case inbetween the psu and the cdroms. My question is which way should i place the fan, either intake or blowing air out.

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
Originally posted by fire
Iam thinking of placeing a fan on the top of my case inbetween the psu and the cdroms. My question is which way should i place the fan, either intake or blowing air out.
Blowing air out which way?
In standard tower cases lately I've been isolating the top and bottom of the case. I leave out one 5 1/4" drive cover so the psu gets cooler outside air straight through. In the bottom I use an intake fan low in front and cut out the exhaust fan grille behind the cpu as an exit.
I look for airflow through the case, not a lot of noisy fans recirculating warm air.

H

HaViNaBaDdAy

RE: DanceMan

In standard tower cases lately I've been isolating the top and bottom of the case. I leave out one 5 1/4" drive cover so the psu gets cooler outside air straight through.

You've mentioned this design several times in other posts. Is it possible for you to post a picture of this? You also mentioned ducting from the open 5 1/4 drive area. Is it possible to see a picture of that too? What your doing makes a lot of sense, but I would like to see it too. I totally agree that breathing is the key.... and blowing hot air around with a lot of noisy fans really isn't accomplishing what we want to do. Thanks in advance.

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
Both computers I've set up that way are my daughter's and son's -- and are at their mother's.

Martin_89

Martin_89

Id put it blowing air out as heat rises so it would be affecttive blowing out the hot air

Todd a

Todd a

Dito that. Have it blow out. The only times I'd have it blow in is if you have good exhaust fans in the back already, but lack good intake fans.

Associates