Face the music. AMD just won't make it !!!!! Advance Micro Dogsh*t

P

paul_greenville

You might as well face the music. AMD can't make a decent cpu, they will never dominate Intel, and thats the way it will always be!
Im sorry if some of you like AMD but I can't figure out why you pack your boxes with that crap. I mean, I don't mean to be offensive here (tell me if I am) but why do you think space agencies don't use AMD.
Why? Because AMD can't be trusted to make something that actually works. I mean, why would you want to be up in space getting errors from your computer.
If you buy a processor, pay the extra $$$ and get your moneys worth. Because you sure arn't with AMD. Advance Micro Dogsh*t.

C

Chipman_343

You are DUMB!!! AMD rocks just as much as Intel. You are ignorant and brainwashed. Don't post here if you are goin talk this ****. I've owned an AMD and except for the via chipset the CPU rocked! Go away you bumb.

Dimarini

Dimarini

paul_greenville,

This may not be the greatest way to start off on this board. This is your first post, maybe you should sit back and lurk a little to see how interactions take place here.

Starting out by attacking all of the AMD people here is not going to win you any friends.

Just my humble opinion of course, but I think many will agree.

------------------
Mike
Mechanical Engineer
Dell Computer Corporation
Storage Systems Group

Warbird

Warbird

MUSTANG GT
Originally posted by Chipman_343:
You are DUMB!!! AMD rocks just as much as Intel. You are ignorant and brainwashed. Don't post here if you are goin talk this ****. I've owned an AMD and except for the via chipset the CPU rocked! Go away you bumb.
I would have to agree! This post needs a lock put on NOW! My Opinion ofcourse!

------------------
[email protected]
BE6-II/Micron 256MB ECC
GeForce II GTS
IBM 20GB ATA66
SB Live
BA Digital Media Theater Speakers
48X Mitsumi CD-ROM
Hitachi 17" SuperScan
Plextor 12/10/32 CD-RW

T

TREB

Don't let this person push your buttons, let him voice his opinions. We still live in a free society, anyone can make an ass of himself anywhere anytime.

[This message has been edited by TREB (edited 04-19-2001).]

G

Grimlock

While freedom of speech is a Constitutional Right, making a fool out of yourself in your first post does arise some questions about your commons sense. Then again maybe you just dropped in to shake things up.
Answer this: If Intel makes such great products why did they release <1.2GHz PIV chips only to pull them from the market when they knew they weren't ready to be shipped?
If AMD makes such crappy products why are more and more Mobo manufactureres releasing Socket A boards? Why are more gaming rigs coming equipped with Athlon chips?
I think that both Intel and AMD make goods products but for now, until Intel reclaims its throne you'll have to admit that AMD is ahead. Besides, if Intel were the only chip maker, besides Cyrix
, how much do you think you'd be paying for that Pentium? Face it, if it weren't for the AMD Athlon giving the Pentium a run for its money you'd probably have to shell out a few hundred more per chip or per system.

AMDnut

AMDnut

Small Form Factor Advisor
If you buy a processor, pay the extra $$$ and get your moneys worth. Because you sure arn't with AMD. Advance Micro Dogsh*t.
"arn't" - learn to spell dumba$$!

Now that you have voiced your opinion, let me voice mine:

Stupid, insignificant, butt-pirate, brownie pumpers like yourself should learn to research your information a little more before forming an utterly useless and idiotic opinion such as yours! After you study the true facts for a while, you will truly see the error of your ways. If you do not, then I guess we will all know that you actually came from the shallow end of the gene pool and someone needs to pull the drain plug to rid us of your kind quickly.

Just my opinion of course, and everyone is entitled to one........

------------------
THIS SPACE FOR RENT!!!

Duron [email protected] (115FSB*8x)
Abit KT7 RAID
256mb Crucial @ CAS2
Hercules Prophet II MX 200/200
HP9110i Burner
Delta 50x CD-Rom

http://members.tripod.com/athlon100/index.htm

[This message has been edited by AMDnut (edited 04-19-2001).]

M

Markie

Lock this thread now!..Who said ignorance is bliss??

------------------
ATHLON 1GHZ @ 1.22GHZ FOP 38 ;-)
Abit KT7A
256 HYUNDAI PC133
GEFORCE 256 PRO
S.B LIVE PLATINUM
ENCORE PC DVD5X
SCSI 4X CDR
SEAGATE 7200 28GIG
HITACHI CM761ET 19"
CABLE MODEM

P

paul_greenville

My SIG Sauer

Cyrix M-III PR266 OC'd to 288mhz
Cougar 536LX Motherboard.
64mb EDO ram
8.4gig Seagate HD
2x Panasonic CD-Rom
4x2x16 CDRW
16mb Voodoo Banshee PCI (Very good at AA)
SB-16 Original. (Gotta love EAX!!)
28.8 Modem by Zoltrix

Mem score is only 32mb BUT I can get a bit more if I overclock the busmore. This Cyrix is a really high performer in Q3, and with AA on the banshee it smashes a Radeon or Geforce.

C

Chipman_343

LOL

Cyrix, gotta love the PR system

WOW!! Check out those mem scores!
btw is cougar still in business Paul, cause I can't find them one the net, or is it a home manufactured board?

Ya, I bet AA is crazy on that Banshee, you should really post some pics.

Abit BE6-2
Celeron [email protected]

256MB PC-133 ram
15gig Seagate Barracuda II
4x4x24 HP CDRW
8x Panasonic DVD
32mb DDR ATI Radeon
SB Live X-Gamer
NIC for DSL
17" KDS .26

[This message has been edited by Chipman_343 (edited 04-19-2001).]

NewBlackDak

NewBlackDak

rm -rf /
This looks like the work of someone that was already a member, and was bored. He probably typed that on a T-Bird. Quit tryin to stir the shit.

------------------
Who made that man a gunner.
I did sir, he's my cousin.
Who is he?
He's an Asshole sir.
I know that, what's his name?
That is his name sir, Asshole, Major Asshole.
And his cousin?
He's an Asshole too sir. Gunners Mate First Class Phllip Asshole

squall3k

squall3k

Originally posted by paul_greenville:
but why do you think space agencies don't use AMD.
Why?
Why? Do you have any idea how much money Inhell probably pays them to use their chips? And excuse my But i do believe it was Boeing who bought a whole bunch of thunderbirds because of their great ability to crunch numbers for the building of their new delta rocket.

------------------
Hmmmmm Whats that smell? :eek: CPU Temp:150c
______
T-Bird .7 ghz @.9 ghz | Global Win fop-38 | Asus A7V rev 1.04
256 pc-133 ram (no Name Brand) | Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS Pro | 400W AMD Aproved PSU

And Proud New Member of the OCN [email protected] Team

Luds

Luds

Kung Fu Master
Besides,

any real number crunching is being done by super computers. Machines definitely not with intel chips. Usually along the lines of a bunch of a 1000 Power PC G4s running in parallel.

Who uses an underscore to seperate a first and last name anyway?

Hi, I'm Bob_Moore

Hey there is Bill_Anderson!

D

delket1

I think people who havnt really experienced an AMD Athlon dont know what they are talkin about. Sure the K6-2's and etc had problems but that is gone with the Athlons
ANyway, u people shud try using T-bird systems, they are cheaper and faster IMO ; And we are all entitled to an opinion.
It is ok to say you dont like AMD tho but dont take it out on those who like them - On the whole it seems to be the Intel users/likers who take it out on the AMD users more than the other way round.
Also i think big companies like NASA would use Intel (if they do) because they will be using the same systems albeit boosted they had 20 yrs ago.
I did some work-experience at British Aerospace recently however and they were removing a lot of Silicon Graphics machines in favour of stacks of T-birds so maybe companies are wising up to the power.
Anyways, the Processor war is a big one and it will be anyones guess how it goes so lets see (tho could Intel be the 3dfx of tomorrow).

Anyway thanx for reading my Longest EVER post but its only my opinion cos (f)lamers like that really annoy me

GOSHARKS

GOSHARKS

Originally posted by paul_greenville:
I mean, I don't mean to be offensive here (tell me if I am) but why do you think space agencies don't use AMD.
just wondering, do you have anything to back this up with?

actually, can you back up anything you said with good solid facts?

------------------
Visit my website!
look for me on AIM as gosanjose or on ICQ as #46997155

J

Justintime

hahahahhahahahaahahaha, cyrix, good performer in Q3? lol lol lol lol, guess you hit a WHOOPASS 12Fps in 640X480 huh?!
:

BTW, i don't think theres anything as a mIII 266 ok lad??
you sir are a total flame bait...kudos to the good winding up...

------------------
Jr

Bink

Bink

Will moderate for food
paul_greenville: I mean, I don't mean to be offensive here (tell me if I am)
It's obvious he just doing this for kicks. Don't even bother giving him the gratification of a flame war.

------------------
Before, I had everything... now, there is a cow in my nose.

N

netdude

Well, all i know is my friend bought a Dell with a Pentium 4 1.4 gig cpu and it runs simple stuff like Norton Speed Disk, Disk Doctor and WinDoctor slower than my gig T-Bird. I for one have had no problems with my AMD or my Asus A7PRO mobo and i will but AMD again when i decide to upgrade again. I owned a K6 2 350, 450, 550, and a K6 III 450 before the T-Bird and they all ran great. P III and P 4 are over-hyped in my opinion, and keep in mind it's all opinions here.

Shinma

Shinma

Due to such an interesting topic, I comment:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

------------------
Cheers.

Associates