Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

Not sure how many people watch the show, but they're in my area right now, tearing up a house for a local firefighter. I managed to find the location and stopped by there yesterday. I might head there tonight, by then the house should be leveled. :) Not sure how this thread has relevence to anything, but it seemed cool to me, and this is "The Lounge." :cool:

While I think the show is a bit over-the-top at times, I've always loved home improvement shows. My Dad was a carpenter for 20+yrs, and I've been a loyal viewer of "This Old House" since 5th grade. :)

F

F_A_L_C_O_N

You should check BBC Prime then if you can get it via the cable or satelite, full of shows like that, some arent half bad actually.

You do get fed up with them eventually.

insanityfell

insanityfell

BNL ROCKS!!!
I actually went to school for building and remodeling, but wasn't able to find a job that started off as anything but a laborer. I make twice as much right now to start off at that level. I love watching those home improvement shows. Always wondered how they chose their "victims". It's becoming a hassle going to my sister's and mum's to fix things!

Inkara1

Inkara1

Yeah, it's got a hemi.
The one I saw, they rebuilt a house for a Samoan family who had taken in six more kids whose parents had died. Problem was, this was right in the middle of California's big rainstorms when it was filmed, so they had to build the house in the rain. I'd be surprised if the place doesn't have some nasty mold problems in a few years, especially since the wet building conditions are compounded by the house's energy efficiency (airtightness makes a house more efficient, but also more prone to mold).

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Yeah went I had my house built I did alot of reading on the mold issue. it seemed to me that it was more of a problem in the South East due to the humid weather.

Inkara1

Inkara1

Yeah, it's got a hemi.
Yeah; if it never dries out completely, mold loves it. Older homes didn't seem to have such a problem with mold because they weren't so airtight.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Nope they don't, I lived in all older homes most of my life (early 1900's) and they never had a problem with mold.

But the heat and AC bills where high. ;)

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

Yeah, I watch it distractively on friday night here. Some episodes are nice.

Associates