Extracting game music

J

JanTM

Does any of your know how to do this - applications that can do it or something ??

F

fls

If you are referring to extract audio tracks from cds, you can try Easy cd Extractor.

:)

J

JanTM

Yes... I am talking about games that have the music mixed up somewhere in a big data file. Extracting CD audio is easy

But what kind of software do I need to extract the music from these games ? Any specific titles you know of ?

Tuttle

Tuttle

Resident Cynic
It's game-specific. If you find a big fan site they might have tools or links to tools. Also, post the game(s) you're interested in here - maybe someone can provide a direct link.

J

JanTM

Right now I am interested in the music from Unreal - not UT but the original Unreal.

I found a thing called GameAudioPlayer once, that actually can read all sorts of game music formats. I extracted music from Starcraft, Diablo, Need for Speed 3 and 4 with it - but I can't get it to work on Unreal
(even though it is supposed to work with unreal)

I would of course be glad if some of you know a link where I can get it all in mp3 format

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

Originally posted by JanTM:
Right now I am interested in the music from Unreal - not UT but the original Unreal.

Music in Unreal are MODs I think (not sure). If they kept the same MOD extensions (*.it, *.s3m, *.xm), you can try to play them with ModPlug Player (www.modplug.com)

BTW I think I will download that GameAudioPlayer...sounds interesting

------------------
GAMING RULES!
GAMBLING SUCKS!!!

The DreameR

The DreameR

Yes, the music in unreal and UT is MODs.
You cant play them directly for some reason, but there is a music extractor called
CARP Unreal Music eXtractor
I dont remember where I downloaded it from, but i'm sure you can find it in any search engine. Have fun!

------------------
human was the music
natural was the static.....

J

JanTM

Thanx a bunch The DreameR... I downloaded that Carp unreal music extractor. Nich little thing and it works... listening to it now

Associates