Evo D51S SFF

S

Sark3y

I have a Compaq Evo D51S small form factor base unit that i am going to use as a media centre....

Code:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=97130&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=316517&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1093#113100
However

I am looking at installing a 1TD HDD in this machine.
I have purchased the drive and a sata II controller card that allows boot...

when trying to install windows i get past the f6 and install the driver... however windows goes on to tell me that there are no drives attached..

Is there something that i'm doing wrong..??
Will the machine definately support a 1TB HDD with the card ??

All help gr8'ly appreciated...

Sark3y

P4 2.4
512DDR PC2100
Pioneer 112
Floppy
Hopefully a 1TB HDD... lol

Midknyte

Midknyte

Caffeine Fiend
Make and model of the SATAII card? When the system is booting up, does the SATA card bios see the 1TB drive?

S

Sark3y

the device has a silicon image chipset SIL3114,

The Bios on the card picks up the fact that there is a 1TB HDD attached... but will not show up during windows installation....

and there seems to be no option to enable a the card to boot the system...

I'm going to try a bios update although i think i'm fighting a losing battle with this one....

S

Sark3y

apologies

this is a sata 1 card

the card is a SIL3114 which has 4 sata 150 ports on it,...

the card see's the drive but does not allow me to install windows onto them using a fresh install....

Midknyte

Midknyte

Caffeine Fiend
I'm guessing you mean Windows XP. If so, are you using a slipstreamed SP3 disc? The latest service pack may already have the drivers for that card.

Make and model of the SATA card would be more helpful. Are you sure you have the right drivers? You might have had to use a compatibility jumper or software to get the card to see a SATAII 1TB drive. You said the card sees it, so you might be ok on that front.

Associates