Ever heard of 8D Audio?

C

cliffsthern78

Apparently, there's such a thing. It's called Ambisonic Audio and was developed way back but now they're developing it to give a completely different experience in listening to music. Found the info here: https://soundwiz.net/blog/8d-audio/ They say it's like 3D, but better becuse in 3D the source of sound stays in one place but in 8D the source moves around the center point. There are only few songs available for 8D, but dang, I wanna hear at least a few seconds of it.

Technoplume

Technoplume

Interesting, I guess having more point of sound emision they can control better the delai between each and make the sound appear to be from more precise place. Same concept has any 5.1 surround sound, but they probably have more expensive and precise software to do it better.

the sound industry is always claiming they do new stuff, or that they have the perfect new monitors or receiver new technology.

The truth is, no 1 human can ear the same way so it's all very personal choice.

C

cliffsthern78

i think 8d is something more of a gaming!
Hmm, no actually the article mentioned songs in there.

Interesting, I guess having more point of sound emision they can control better the delai between each and make the sound appear to be from more precise place. Same concept has any 5.1 surround sound, but they probably have more expensive and precise software to do it better.

the sound industry is always claiming they do new stuff, or that they have the perfect new monitors or receiver new technology.

The truth is, no 1 human can ear the same way so it's all very personal choice.
Yeah, agree with you, it's just like a better version of 5.1, but not exactly a breakthrough in the sound industry. Besides, who would actually gonna use it in real life?

Well, thinking about it now, if they can use it for like improving hearing aids, that would be nice.

J

JamieSArredondo

i found bunch of apps in apknite with the names like 8D audio, 8Dmusic player, etc. and frankly i tried it and they did not make any different to spotify. think they need a real deal of tech and audio equidment to make it a real 8D. and i suppose this technology will first appear in games before becoming popular for the mass in mp3 music

HoraceARyans

HoraceARyans

i found bunch of apps in apknite with the names like 8D audio, 8Dmusic player, etc. and frankly i tried it and they did not make any different to spotify. think they need a real deal of tech and audio equidment to make it a real 8D. and i suppose this technology will first appear in games before becoming popular for the mass in mp3 music

agree there, games like FPS will go first then maybe years later, people can listen to their music in 8D

C

cliffsthern78

Agreed. I also think more gaming enthusiasts would invest in equipment to have an expereince of the 8D as compared to casual music lovers...

Associates