Email notification system

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
About two weeks ago I began getting buried in email notifications. I changed the setting in User CP to daily, then weekly, then "no". Not getting buried, but still getting a handful every day.

A new bug in the bb software?

Anyone else noticed this, or is it only me? I accidentally ccleanered my cookies and had to rebuild them. This could be a factor.

E

ELF2000

I haven't been buried from email notifications. I use a yahoo address for HWC email notification. I also use ccleaner to clean my cookies including yahoo.

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
Making changes in the UserCP probably doesn't update/change any threads that you subscribed too.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
It definitely doesn't affect current subscriptions, only new ones. If you want to stop receiving e-mails altogether, you have to delete your current subscriptions.

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
Thanks, that explains why I'm still getting notifications -- old subscriptions.

Still it seemed like the system changed, in the sense that previously it tracked when I'd looked at threads and didn't send notifications, then appeared not to be able to tell and sent them anyway. Were there any changes made to the delay before the system sends the email?

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
When you subscribe to a thread, you will get an email when someone replies to that thread. But you will only get One email "per session."

Meaning if while your viewing HWC and eight people reply you'll only get one mail. If those replies came in while your pc was off and you were away, you'd get eight mails.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on your settings. You can set it to subscribe to whatever thread you post in, but you can set it to send no e-mails even though you are subscribed

Associates