Elsa ERAZOR X2 GeForce with Unreal Tournament

R

rhythem

Hi,
I've tried to play unreal Tournament but It didn't work correctly. I get some kind of plane levels on my screen. I've downloaded all the drivers from the official Elsa site and also tried the drivers from Nvidia. But I still get the strange 1 color (grey, black) levels on my screen. I downloaded the Unreal Tournament patch 4.2 too. But that didn't work either. Does somebody knows what is the problem and can somebody help me solving this?
Thanx

------------------
rhythem

Mephisto

Mephisto

Did you try both D3D (recommended for other than 3Dfx chips) and OpenGL (sucks) for UT?

------------------
Ask not for whom the elbow cometh...it cometh for thee.

R

rhythem

Yes. I tried them all even software renderer.
But I still got the same problem. Help!
I want to play this game!!

Maybe something in my video card settings? because I don't understand the settings. What's important and not?

Mephisto

Mephisto

Tried the safe mode? Use one after another these parameters and see if it helps:
..\UT\System\UnrealTournament.exe -nosound -nohard -noddraw
Did you check your Directx Diagnostics?
If the softwaremode also shows the problem, it could be Directdraw releated.

------------------

R

rhythem

I checked my DirectX Diagnostics but It's all ok. No problems.
I don't know what u mean with saved mode and parameters etc... I'm a newbie at this

Hope you can explain me more how to use the save mode and the parameters.
I'm starting to feel really dumb. I hope you're still willing to help.

Mephisto

Mephisto

No, I don't mind. I just became a member myself this very month.
There is a link supposed to be in your UT program group called "Unreal Tournament Safe Mode". First, try this link.
If the problem has gone then: Right-click the link and choose properties in the context menu; you get a form that contains an edit line named "target", where you can change the parameters (write them down somewhere starting to delete). Delete them one after another and see what happens.

------------------

R

rhythem

If you mean there's a link in my ..UT\system dir. I don't see any. Also in the program Itself I don't see a save mode option.
So probably my version of UT is not complete then?

Associates