Electronic tools for training

S

Sean123

Can anyone give me a suggestion on what kind of electronic tools that I can use for training my dog? I do not know how to train dogs but I heard that there are devices that can help in training dogs. Appreciate it. :)

Technoplume

Technoplume

The best would be a book. Or website... in any case training and animal is generaly base on a reward system. Decompose the task you want them to learn in step. Each time they complete a step, give them the reward, then slowly make the task more complicated and give less reward.

C

cliffsthern78

Yeah, I agree with Technoplume. Positive reinforcement works well with dogs. You just gotta have patience as it sometimes takes a long time for them to catch on, but with good rewards, I think they easily learn.

I'm not sure about devices of some sort. Haven't heard of any for this purpose.

S

Sean123

Just an update guys, I saw this sportdog collars which have revolutionized dog training. By giving the trainer new sets of correctional stimulations to use and the ability to communicate these stimulations to a dog over longer distances, training collars are an invaluable asset during the dog training process. What do you think about this device?

Technoplume

Technoplume

I took a look at the Sportdog website, basic are tone, vibration and SHOCK. Just like I got in a 5$ book to make my cat play smarter games. You combine positive food reward with a noise, and then make it more complicated for the cat to get the reward. If you aint going to spend the time required to do training properly, gadget wont help you. And my final word is, SHOCK, how would you like it if I train you with SHOCK ! No ty.

Associates