Edit Signature

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
Welcome to HWC;)

I think new members have to have more then ten posts before you can add a signature.

G

goodtyneguy

Character Limitation

I would like to change my signature to reflect the change in software I have installed on my laptop. The net affect of this is a reduction in the number of characters used. However when I submit the revised sig. it is rejected with a message telling me that 1000 is the maximum characters allowed?

Anyone....?

G

goodtyneguy

You'll have to shorten it to match the new limit placed on sigs;)
I thought as much so I tried removing lines and spaces but without counting characters my sig looked no where near 1000 characters including BB code. In fact it did n't look to exceed that before I'd trimmed it

It seems nothing is immune to the recession/global slow down :)

G

goodtyneguy

Huh, can't even add colour into your sig. now :-( .... times must be bad!

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
For my sig I just used the colour drop-down icon, same as when you're posting to a thread (the 'A' with the black line underneath it). Works the same as if you are typing in MS Word.

G

goodtyneguy

For my sig I just used the colour drop-down icon, same as when you're posting to a thread (the 'A' with the black line underneath it). Works the same as if you are typing in MS Word.
That function does n't appear to be working any longer. Normally after clicking on the "A" one is presented with a colour pallet, nothing happens now unless it's just a problem for me.

E

ELF2000

The colour drop down icon doesn't work for me either.

You could use the BB code to change text colour.
Example.
red text is [ color=red]red text[/color ] (without the extra spaces)

Last edited:
Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
Apparently the color function was disabled the same time the digit count was reduced.

Keep in mind that the "tags" count as digits too. meaning [ color=red] counts as ten digits.

G

goodtyneguy

The colour drop down icon doesn't work for me either.

You could use the BB code to change text colour.
Example.
red text is [ color=red]red text[/color ] (without the extra spaces)
Thanks ELF2000 job done, I feel more at home now:)

Now why did n't I think of that? Doh..

Associates