dvr ???s

W

weissmertz

if i buy a dvr dvd/rw with a tv tuner can i record 1 tv show and also cruise through the other stations? or do i have to subscribe to a service to get all the cool stuff like watching two shows picture in picture and stuff. as you can tell im really new to this.i was looking at a pioneer dvr 531 h. it has a tuner and 80 gb hd . any replies would be greatly appreciated

thanks

W

weissmertz

im not sure if i stated right but it is a pioneer dvr 531 h. its not a digital tuner that may be the reason its only $240.00 but i have charter cable service so i dont have to have digital. i think anyway? and like im really green on the whole ?????s

W

weissmertz

charter has already said you dont need a coverter box to watch w/ an older tv. i guess thier signal is already upgraded?

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
charter has already said you dont need a coverter box to watch w/ an older tv. i guess thier signal is already upgraded?
I think that means that the cable companies will continue to send out an analog NTSC signal so that those of us with analog tvs, (no digital tuner) can still receive normally. That means they will take the digital signal and convert it to analog and send it out. If it's NTSC analog it will be the same quality it's always been, unless their reception has improved.

Associates