DVD Drive playing up....

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
Ok i have the ASUS DRW-2014L1T ATA DVD burner/drive.
It seems to be playing up on reading data dvd's. What happens is that when i insert a data dvd it will only read it about 40% of the time, when it wont work i can still go into that dvd drive, and it says drag items here.. (running vista.)
Disc works fine on other computer..
Any suggestions?

Cheers, Matt

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
Cd/Dvd drives are dust magnets since your pc pulls air from the front of the pc....Get a can of compressed air and or a drive cleaning kit.

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
I see you read my post :)..
Well meh ill give that a go when my new heatsink arrives as im that lazy to open it up and close it as side case is a deal breaker just to close lol..

And also how can dust stop from reading burnt dvd's but it can read official ones?...Just a question

Cheers, Matt

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
Put a couple specs of dust in one eyeball and see (pardon the pun) if you can still see across the room:cool:

mattaust

mattaust

Major Member
Lol fine,
Ok about 2 months ago a DVD was crunched in this dvd drive as this dvd was really old and crappy quality.. So it shattered all in the dvd drive.. i opened it up and took it all out and it seemed to worked fine for those 2 months...

OTHER CAUSE:

Ok stupidly i was tired and thought i could just copy a crack for a game onto the dvd (Drag and drop..lol) and it has happened ever since this... I got rid of the crack and its still happening..

Cheers, Matt

Associates