Dual Sli Monster

Hoyle

Hoyle

Hmmm... Considering the rather poor scaling of typical SLI (two cards, twice the cost, twice the power consumption, maybe a 5-25% performance increase, depending)... I wonder what you get with four cards, and four times the cost, and four times the power consumption?

I'm guessing an additional 2-10%...

But boy does it sell video cards, eh?

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

That looks cool, but just imagine the price! 900 watt power supply, 200 bucks, video cards 1000-2000 bucks.

Bennyboy

Bennyboy

Colonel Debugger
ThePerson98 said:
That looks cool, but just imagine the price! 900 watt power supply, 200 bucks, video cards 1000-2000 bucks.
But...

Heating Bill -$200
Saving on winter clothes -$300 (You won't be going out anywhere)
Saving on nights out -$500 (see above)
Pure gaming joy, bragging rights, and not being able to hear your missus over the whine of all those fans?...

...Priceless! :D

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

It might be worth it, if only so you could sell it on eBay 5 years later. Look at the Voodoo5 6000. 3dfx only made like 50 of those quad-GPU monstrosities. They sell on eBay for a small fortune, IIRC.

O

ol' man

workin fingas to the bone
I would want it too run my eight monitors in non SLI mode but with video acceleration across them all.

Or at least 4 monitors with SLi. I would put 4 of the $350 512mb 6800GT's in it and have a hay day with my 3D modeling.

Last edited:

Associates