Dual Network conteions from Pc to router issue

M

Mr Bloody369

I hooked up two cats 6a to my router to reduce ping and lage when working and gaming...

Is their a slandered to having to set it up a section way to get it to work correctly 1 send 1 receive only?

because the issue is pc now has muti Ip addy's which is causing issue's with running voice server's ext, and i see alote of lag when on internet and such now.

pc info.
I7 920 cpu, 3 gig's ddr3 tri-chennel, msi eclipse moby, running xp home 32 bit atm, 320main hdd sata(maxter), storige 1 ter esata(sea gate).
Router linksys/cisico wrt54g2 v1 with lates firmware updated.4

Midknyte

Midknyte

Caffeine Fiend
the issue is pc now has muti Ip addy's
You can't just shotgun the connections like that. You would need to use something like Dual-Net for Nvidia chipsets. I haven't seen that done with Realtek chips.

I don't see why you need 2 Gigabit lines for Internet gaming, since even Fast Ethernet is way more than what your ISP provides.

M

Mr Bloody369

I don't see why you need 2 Gigabit lines for Internet gaming, since even Fast Ethernet is way more than what your ISP provides.
I run mutilate torrents and ftp uploads and downloads at fast 1~3mb/s each connection to my work server's why I game.. the fun of working for 14 hours days got to keep your self awake some how. Also same time as doing all I like streaming netflex usually get hd streams with no issue but not any more...

Any way idea to get it to work how i need it

Midknyte

Midknyte

Caffeine Fiend
Using 2 ethernet connections will not help if you are bottlenecked by the router and/or modem. Just because you use 2 ethernet lines to your router, the modem is the limiting factor. You can't get more than what your ISP provides. I'm not sure how to explain it any clearer.

Associates