Dual monitor Cloned not working

J

jonny b

Computer Doctor
I have a Dell tower 2.4 Ghz with one video card and two PCI card slots. I installed another video card so I can use them like Presentation mode. Or maybe it's not called that but I want the same thing on one screen as the main screen. All I was able to do is get the extend my monitor onto the next screen. So I want both icons and taskbar on both screens like you can do with a laptop. This is for Real Estate so the customer can follow me on their own screen facing away from me.

So I don't want what I have now which is an extension of my screen. I have played around with it for an hour and have given up.

Any ideas?

Using XP Home Edition.

Shinma

Shinma

Verify that Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor is not enabled/checked.

J

jonny b

Computer Doctor
Ok, when I do that my second monitor goes black. I have even uninstalled both drivers and restarted which sometimes works. Still I have to Extend my Windows to get the second monitor to show up.

Shinma

Shinma

As jdc2000 already pointed out,
Appears your video cards in question does not provide such support.

Most people generally use a video card with dual outputs for clone view.

J

jonny b

Computer Doctor
I used the software Ultramon and it works. It does slow down the mouse a bit and it gets a bit choppy but this is for a Real Estate person that is very slow anyhow. But I had to Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor for Ultramon to work. So when you put the software on then you go to Hotkeys and you you choose to Mirror the other monitor and you choose a hotkey, mine was ctrl+M and then the screens are the same.

This is with one output on one video card and one onboard integraded video output.

I know it would be less mouse choppy with a dual outlet though.

It also puts an icon next to the maximize, minimize, close buttons at the top of every screen that when you click on the double arrow one then the screens will switch each other.

Thanks

Associates