• No

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Anyone pick it up yet? Reviews are pretty mixed so far.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
I'll probably pick it up as well; D3 was no HL2 story-wise and the AI wasn't that good. I still beat it 3 times though.

I guess there's something I like about it...

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Originally posted by Huge
I'll probably pick it up as well; D3 was no HL2 story-wise and the AI wasn't that good. I still beat it 3 times though.

I guess there's something I like about it...

Must have been huh? :D

samcurry

samcurry

I got it, played for about 15 minutes so far. the jury is still out. It seems pretty much the same so far though. I freaked at the price point though.

scutzi128

scutzi128

Philly Sports Freak
I'm going to pick it up tonite i think. I would have gotten it last night,but i only brought enough to pay $30 since expansionsas are usually $30 I was shocked when it was $35.

Dan W

Dan W

I'll probably pick it up soon I'm just short of being 1/2 way through Doom 3 at the mooment so that's keeping me busy.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Originally posted by nodnod
Same for me. See enemy... shoot, see another enemy acting the same way... shoot.

LOL :D

Yeah but that is what FPS are unless you play online. :)

scutzi128

scutzi128

Philly Sports Freak
The game is really cool, but I can't get my refresh rate to go above 60hz which is annoying becuase the screen keeps tearing and I don't want to put vsync on. Does anyone know how I can change the refresh rate is this game? My refresh rate stays the same in all my other games so I don't know what the problem is.

Last edited:
jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Hmmm,

Try turning down the Video settings alittle.

You are playing at High Res on a 21" CRT right?

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
If you are seeing tearing then the detail settings are too high for the card in THIS game.

Also I see you are overclocking the card too, Doom3 really pushes the GPU hard.

Dan W

Dan W

Doom 3 limits your FPS in the regular game. I believe to 60 fps like you stated. Try running a time demo, in that the limit is disabled. I'd try looking around and seeing if there is a way to edit the config file to allow higher fps in regular mode.

Associates