Does Anyone Here Work For Jamster Or knows Someone That Works There?

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
I'm just curious. If so, please let me know. There are a couple of things I would like to know about the company. :)

MuFu

MuFu

Like how they sleep at night knowing that they ruin millions and millions of people's lives every day?

:p

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

I would be sayin to the jamster people "I hate your (bleep) ads get the the (bleep bleep bleep bleepity) *camera turns off*" o.o.. The ads were horrid, while I was sitting there, enjoying my nice quiet day "RING DING DING BUM BADA BOOOOWWWWBOOONGGG!!!"

U

Ultim8_Evil

I wouldnt say anything to them because they couldnt answer any of my questions with an axe in the side of their face.

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
Okay, this didn't go as I expected. Why do you guys hate them so much? I've never even seen an ad of theirs.

Tuttle

Tuttle

Resident Cynic
www.jamster.com.au

They only exist in countries where the mobile networks and charging are conducive to their business model, which is to incessantly advertise ringtones/logos/animations that you can get just by sending an SMS which signs you up for a monthly subscription of somewhere between $5 and $10 a month even if you never send them another message.

To get a feel for the ads, grab one of the samples from www.crazyfroghits.com (Axel F will do), and add some excited voiceover during/after it. Then play it every ad break for a couple of hours while you're watching TV. Then pretend that every 5th website you look at includes it as a banner ad that starts playing at a random point.

That should do for starters. :)

jimbo1763

jimbo1763

MuFu said:
Like how they sleep at night knowing that they ruin millions and millions of people's lives every day?

Don't hold back, now, Mufu. Just say what you think.

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
Toolbox said:
Okay, this didn't go as I expected. Why do you guys hate them so much? I've never even seen an ad of theirs.
Toolbox, we hate them for two simple reasons :D

1. They created the most annoying advert in the history of mankind (crazy frog).

2. They then proceeded to take the idea of saturation advertising to a completely new level, by screening this advert during every single commercial break for about 2 months!

Recently they actually said that they don't need to advertise the frog any more in the UK, as the ad has reached 100% of its target audience. As far as I can tell, it probably reached them about 16 times over :p