Do we have an official HWC SETI team?

R

Rich

I am still unclear about all of this...
Is the HWC SETI team indeed the official one?
I am considering defecting to the official team.. but I want to know the facts first.
Also.. If we do have a official HWC SETI team
can we have a text link somewhere for it?
[hint]Next to the members gallery link would be a good place.[/hint]

Thanks
Rich H.

J

Jefftee

Rich:

That's something I wanted to discuss with you guys. I believe that there is currently a SETI team made up of people in the forums, "Overclockers Network" or something similar. If you guys wanted to set up an official SETI team, we could definitely facilitate that.

Actually, I believe that Sander has already set up a team. Here's the URL:

http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_lookup&name=hardwarecentral

------------------
Jeff Tseng
[email protected]
HardwareCentral

[This message has been edited by Jefftee (edited 02-16-2000).]

G

GREGORY

I'm glad you asked that Rich.

When I started doing Seti there was no HWC team so I hesitated but finally joined Anandtech because MGallik and collinp were there.
I wanted to stick with HWC because this is my site but I wanted it to count for somebody.
If HWC does have a stable team then I will change.

B

Bad Bob

Guys, you might remember that I joined Sanders team a little over a week ago, and then found out that only Sander and myself were the only members. I e-mailed the director of Seti and he answered me back. He informed me that you can change teams and your WU's will transfer. I did change teams and my WU's did transfer without a glich. Why don't we talk Sander into coming over so we can all be together.

------------------
I Started With Nothing ....And I Still Have Most Of It Left!!!!!!

J

Jefftee

I don't think Sander has a problem with getting everyone in the forums together into a unified HWC SETI team. If one of you are interested in heading up the team, let me know and we'll get things set up ASAP!

------------------
Jeff Tseng
[email protected]
HardwareCentral

[This message has been edited by Jefftee (edited 02-17-2000).]

G

GREGORY

Hey Rich...

I think you would be perfect to head up the Official HWC Seti Team.

We could make up some kind of special title for you and of course you could have the Official HWC UFO Landing Port at your house.

Say the word and I'll switch from that "other" place.

What do you think???

Huh....Huh...???

S

Sander Sassen

Hello everyone,

I've been crunching packets for a couple of months now, on a machine that actually never got used. Since two weeks ago I have two 1.1GHz setups dedicated to running SETI approx 12hrs a day, thus I'm more serious than a few months ago.

Although I personally have no problems with joining the 'Overclockers from HWC' SETI team there is the problem that I'm not the founder thus have no control and thats a big drawback as I plan to promote the HWC SETI team by writing an article about 'The best SETI Setup' as well as using the weekly newsletter to get some extra attention.

With the recent uproar in the forums and the way people reacted I cannot allow something similar to happen once I start promoting our SETI team.

Therefore I'd like to invite all of you to join the HardwareCentral SETI team and I'll make sure we get proper attention, and I might be able to throw in some free hardware for those that have the most WU's completed or have the lowest 'crunching' times.

As always, I value your feedback, and if you can think of a better solution, like starting a whole new group, please let me know.

The HardwareCentral SETI team can be found here :
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_lookup&name=hardwarecentral

Thanks and best regards,

Sander Sassen

Email : [email protected]
Siteleader at HardwareCentral
Visit us at : http://www.hardwarecentral.com

R

Rich

Sander Sassen,

Personally I see no need in starting a whole new group. All we wanted all along was a HWC SETI team, and with the promotion power you have this could be a great group!

Thanks
Rich H.

B

Bad Bob

I'm in for the 2nd time Sander. Is that some kind of record that I should win something for????

------------------
I Started With Nothing ....And I Still Have Most Of It Left!!!!!!

P

Patje

I've been reading this forum for a long time now so I would like to donate my WU to your group.
I thought I had a good computer (PII 350) until I looked at seti's site. What sort of computer should I get to get a WU done in 4 hours?????

N

ntuser

Get what Sander has.....1+ GHz mega monster, super stompin', number crunchin', super cooled thingy's....Course, for the more financially challanged, myself included, you could build a bunch of smaller machine's and over clock em'.

G

GREGORY

Hey Rich or Bob...

What's the procedure for switching groups?

I didn't see an option in the user info area when I checked.

Did I miss it???

Thanks

R

Rich

Just go to the SETI page of the group you want to join and click "Join this group"
SETI will do the rest.. as in bringing over your old WU's

Rich H.

Associates