Do I still need 2 video cards?

zodder

zodder

Suedehead
I've had a V3 2000 and a Viper770 in my machine for the last few months in order to get the best performance and quality. The TNT2 just plain sucked at glide games (Unreal....) so I had to keep the V3. Well I just bought a GeForce SDR and UT looks awesome!! Now that I have a GeForce, do I still need to keep the V3 in my machine in order to best play old/upcoming glide games or can I get rid of it?

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Glide is officially a dead api; 3dfx is not going down that road anymore in the future. Does UT play better under glide than d3d? Yes. But the new 4.20 patch came out yesterday so I haven't tried the d3d code yet.

I would return it; the geforce is a better all-around card than the v3.

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Silent & Cool.....
Up a coming games are more likely to support Open Gl and D3D, so if you are happy with the Geforce's UT performance then, stay with it.

I however still find a Voodoo 3 runs Unreal / UT much better than the Geforce I had, even though it has been much improved with the latest patches. I just glides along in glide

Todd a

Todd a

No! You should take both your old cards and send them to me.

Unless you need the extra slot, you might as well keep them both in just incase you run an older game that only supports Glide or that the GeForce has a bug with and you are waiting for a patch.

zodder

zodder

Suedehead
That's kinda what I was thinking, Todd a. If nothing else, at least I'll have a spare to get this thing booted up in case something happens.

Associates