Distributed computing team?

Which distributed computing project?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Some not so good news to go along with it. The card I received from RMA folded on me. BFG is real good about addressing it as they quickly sent a prepaid FedEx tracking label.
Another machine with two GTS250's started throwing blue screens. I am in the process of diagnosing one card at a time.

Going to check the stats now.

glussier

glussier

I have 2 bfg gts250, I hope they don't start acting like yours. I've set the fans at 90% and also found, at least on my setup that the best, I mean stable, for folding are the 185.85 drivers.

BTW, I forgot to say that one of them had an eue on a 1888 yesterday. For now I put this on an isolated incident. I'll see what happens in the weeks to come.

Last edited:
Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Thanks, that one slipped up on me as I am having a lot of issues with hardware. I keep mixing up cards so I can diagnose one in the house. Folding on Graphics cards is not ready for prime time yet. Neither is the SMP client but hope is just around the corner. Systems that have been humming along nicely are hanging and doing all sorts of weird stuff. Still, I am keeping the faith and the hardware running.

glussier

glussier

Systems that have been humming along nicely are hanging and doing all sorts of weird stuff
I had the same problem tonight with 472 points units. The whole computer what frozen. So, your problem might not even be hardware related, there could be something wrong with some of the work units.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
, there could be something wrong with some of the work units.
Yea, there are some new Work Units out there. I am doing maintenance on these systems to keep them running. Installed the new nVidia drivers on two machines. Cleaned out dusty fans and heatsink. Working well for the past day.

glussier

glussier

I have a computer down for a day or so. I have to get another power supply. I had 2 spair ps, however I gave them away.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I am glad I still have these two 9800GTX+ card to work with while executing the RMA on the bad ones.
Power Supplys are getting cheaper and I even see Corsair TX series in the local Best Buy. I may pick one up to have as a diagnostic spare.

Crucial came through today. I received three matched pair of 1 Gb sticks (6GB DDR2)as replacements for the stuff I sent back.

All I have on the GPU clients are the 1888 ppd WUs. It must be important science....

glussier

glussier

The only thing my dealer had was Coolermaster Realpower pro 850 watts, so I go 2 of those, one to be stored as backup. This time I will hold to them. :)

I think that folding 24/7 at 100% cpu and gpu load really puts hardware to the test. It is to be expected that some of it will have to be replaced.

glussier

glussier

Is team 34878 still alive? Seems like it's folders are really quiet.

Congratulations to IMO_BobGridley for his first 1 million points.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
May his Memory be Eternal.
I was going to post how my farm was humming along when the router threw a fit in the middle of the night and lost the internet. 70% of the farm was stalled waiting for work. S simple router reboot fixed the internet issue.
I have bee busy trimming the tree. The 70 foot Catalpa tree on the corner of my house. Doing most of it with a rope saw and an extension pole saw.
The whole country is a little quiet right now.

Yea, I am heating my bedroom with two dual card systems. Winter makes sitting at the computer so much more inviting.

E

ELF2000

Congratulations to IMO_BobGridley for his first 1 million points. :)

I'm still folding.... Easier to fold in the winter
I'm still folding.... Harder to fold in summer. :p I had to stop the SMP client because of to much heat. The GPU is still folding, had to turn the fan up to 60%.

glussier

glussier

Congratulations to Jankerson for his first million.

We now have 75% of the active folders having reached a huge milestone.

hagawaga is next in line with an eta of roughly 3 months.

The certificate will only be available in 3 or 4 days, so here's the proof:

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Congratulations to Jankerson for his first million.

We now have 75% of the active folders having reached a huge milestone.

hagawaga is next in line with an eta of roughly 3 months.

The certificate will only be available in 3 or 4 days, so here's the proof:

Thanks. :D

Associates