Distributed computing team?

Which distributed computing project?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
glussier

glussier

Leo, congratulations for your first 4 million points. ;)

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Thanks Elf, having all these clients running smoothly for an extended period of time is boosting my output. Still, I am studying rebuilding my gaming machine and just moving the current one to the farm. I installed a classic client on my work laptop to add a few points here and there also.

glussier

glussier

The team should make close to 4 million points for the current month. And, this is without having Bink and Burnt_Powder being on their high. The difference before now and then, is that we have people being able to take the slack while the top folders are not able to have a high production level. HWC should be at or close to 42 million points before the year is over.

BTW It would be nice if we could have new blood to join the team. Anybody who wants to fold for our team are welcome to do so. It doesn't matter how many points you can fold, everything counts.

Our team #: 34878

Last edited:
Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
BTW It would be nice if we could have new blood to join the team. Anybody who wants to fold for our team are welcome to do so. It doesn't matter how many points you can fold, everything counts.

Our team #: 34878
I also have some spare hardware I will contribute to current folders. If new and current folders will post a Wish List in this thread, there may be others able to donate or help.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Bad news on the hardware front. I have had two GTS250 clients go down.
One is quite obvious. Looks like leaking capacitors....

The second card on a different machine keeps causing bad shutdowns of windows. I am going to run some memory diagnostics on the suspect card as soon as I get the tooth fixed that broke last night.

When it rains, it pours... Wettest October in history here in Memphis.

Last edited:
Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Seems like that card has seen better days. Well, that gts250 must still be under warranty.
They have not been out a year yet so that is a given. It is one of three non BFG cards without the lifetime warranty. I am having trouble finding the receipt. Now that could be an issue.

glussier

glussier

I am having trouble finding the receipt. Now that could be an issue.
It might not be an issue if the card was register with the serial number on the manufacturer's website.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
More trouble. One of the remaining few SMP/Dual GPU machines started having 'unexpected shutdowns'. After several days of exchanging hardware, running diagnostics and wondering what is going on, I suspect it is a software problem. Ran the -oneunit switch to finish the SMP client and uninstalled it. Running 4 classic clients and two GPU's to see if they cure the issue.

One of the notfreds usb stick machines quite working altogether. It was problematic for a while but would recover when rebooted. I need to connect it to a monitor to trouble shoot bios issues as it will not boot to the usb device any longer.

On the dim side of the bright side, by setting the SMPCPUS value to 2 instead of 4 (on a quad core) will run two SMP clients from one usb stick(Edit the syslinux.cfg file). A single usb notfreds would produce 4K+ PPD. It will take a few days to see what two clients will manufacturer. 'Dim' would be me for knowing people were doing this and not figuring it out.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Bad news on the hardware front. I have had two GTS250 clients go down.
One is quite obvious. Looks like leaking capacitors....

The second card on a different machine keeps causing bad shutdowns of windows. I am going to run some memory diagnostics on the suspect card as soon as I get the tooth fixed that broke last night.

When it rains, it pours... Wettest October in history here in Memphis.

Oh man... :(

Must have been pushing them really hard. :D :eek:

glussier

glussier

On the dim side of the bright side, by setting the SMPCPUS value to 2 instead of 4 (on a quad core) will run two SMP clients from one usb stick(Edit the syslinux.cfg file). A single usb notfreds would produce 4K+ PPD. It will take a few days to see what two clients will manufacturer
The performance should be about the same. I hope you don't have too much trouble fixing your computer problems.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
XFX RMA process went smoothly. Board is on its way to them.
One of the BFG 260's went belly up also. That RMA is established and I am packing the box to ship.
I have a 9800GTX+ folding in the GTX260's place as of this afternoon. I may get another one working in the GTS250's place soon.

The notfreds folding 2 clients on a Quad core is not producing as much as one client using all 4 cores. Still, they almost double a standard SMP clients ppd.

glussier

glussier

The notfreds folding 2 clients on a Quad core is not producing as much as one client using all 4 cores
Yep, I just seen that. I uninstalled vmware server yesterday and installed vmware player 3 which has support for quad cores and I get a 15% increase in ppd running 1 notfred on a quad instead of 2 dual core instances. My ppds will be a lot lower today, seems like a lot of the gpu units couldn't be sent.

BTW, we are down to 10 folders only. I hope that the people who have quit folding for us are only gone for a short break.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
BobGridley is back up and producing.

It seems that 2 notfreds on two cores each produces less heat than the single notfreds on 4 cores.

All my hardware is back up and stable for the moment. My ppd should start rising a little.

glussier

glussier

I just have been out of electricity for 6 hours. We are on our 3rd transformer on the street since last March. I sure hope Hydro-Quebec can fix the problem for good.

edhe62

edhe62

I just have been out of electricity for 6 hours. We are on our 3rd transformer on the street since last March. I sure hope Hydro-Quebec can fix the problem for good.
Don't let 'em know you're folding, but you gotta stop smokin' those transformers!!! :D

Associates