Distributed computing team?

Which distributed computing project?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
glussier

glussier

I hope this got it fixed, we need the extra points.

E

ELF2000

I think I have success! The true test will be additional work units showing up in the stats, but so far the logs appear to show communication between the clients and the server.

I updated to Squid 3.0.STABLE19, which appears to include a fix for this issue.
Looks like you have success! The last two updates on EOC shows you returning 6 WUs instead of the 1 WU/day you have been producing.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I have been watching and searching for the SQUID update to fix the issue.

We are about to roll.

Cheers.

edhe62

edhe62

I'm not too sure what happened over the last few days but I had to reinstall the GPU Client to get it working again. Anybody else having issues?

glussier

glussier

I reinstalled the gpu client on 1 machine because I had problem with a few work units not completing properly. I had also a few 1920 that didn't complete properly but this was my first week of problem in the past couple of months, so, I won't complain.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I am shopping for a new cpu cooler as one of my Notfreds is having an issue. No problems with the GPUs lately.

E

ELF2000

My gpu client ran ok last month.
I noticed edhe38 hasn't uploaded a work unit in 3 days. Could he be having the same problem?

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Seems like in the past 3 days, your folding production is improving a lot.
I installed a second GTX260 in my gaming machine thinking I could SLI it. Asus P5Q does not SLI. Shopping for a new gaming machine and relegating this to the farm.
With the weather cooling down, I installed [email protected] on both cards and run them while I am not gaming. Basically I am heating the room with the two cards. Running [email protected] about 14 hours a day on these.

I will relegate this P5Q to the folding farm and run two 9800GTX+ on it. Running two 260s on a Dual core 8500 shows about 16% to 20% CPU usage of one core. I will add a couple of classic clients to it to keep it stable.

I will SLI the two GTX260s in the next machine. I am considering Windows 7/X58 board/Q920 for my gaming machine.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Congratulations Lussier on hitting 3 million points. Your production is up also nearing 200K per week.
I am leaving the gaming machine on 24 x 7 now as the temps are down. We are hanging tough. I would love to see Bink get his software issue resolved. I am happy Burnt Power has work to do but I miss his production.

glussier

glussier

Thank you both.

Leo, your Leoslock's production is getting very close to mine. I you can keep this up until Christmas, we'll both be in the 5 millions points by then.

I would love to see Bink get his software issue resolved. I am happy Burnt Power has work to do but I miss his
I sure hope Bink can eventually fix his problem. As for Burnt Power, anytime he can contribute it's a great help for both our team and the [email protected] project, but life being what it is, it is more important to insure that we have a living.

BTW, I noticed the edhe38 is not folding anymore.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
BTW, I noticed the edhe38 is not folding anymore.
Edhe62 needs some help keeping his dad's 4870 folding.

If my wife complains about the noise the machines are making at night, I may have to shut them down around 11pm till morning. You may catch me by Christmas if I stumble in the least.

edhe62

edhe62

Congrats on 3 million points Gilles!!

My GPU Client started folding again after the reinstall so I asked my Dad to do the same. I'm going to be talking with him tomorrow so I'll remind him about it. Unfortunately he's taking a medication right now that hammers his memory, (Xeloda I think) so he needs more frequent reminders. If nothing else, I'll get down there soon enough to straighten his sytem out. :)

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I see you are kicking out nearly 8K ppd now. Good job.
Interesting read on the software development at the [email protected] News page.
http://folding.typepad.com/
Bottom line;
"I'm very excited about these new advances. It really should fundamentally improve the key science software behind FAH as well as making the donor experience much more smooth on our more experimental clients (i.e. on GPU and SMP)."

edhe38 is on the board with points today.

Last edited:
glussier

glussier

Thanks edhe68.

I read your link Leo, hopefully it won't be too long before we can switch our folding to these new clients.

What I would like to see, is native gpu folding support under linux, then I would switch my folding computers to linux. But, with these new clients, it might be that I won't have to run virtual machines anymore.

G

greannak

It'll close in 5 days (unless we have a clear winner immediately!), then after that, we can start crunching!

Associates