Distributed computing team?

Which distributed computing project?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
glussier

glussier

What changed from the time everything was working right and now? You didn't have to go thu a proxy before?

glussier

glussier

Leoslocks
Glussier, do you want to fool with this MSI board? Perhaps try running a NotFreds usb stick on a dual core.
Thanks Leo, I just received the board yesterday, I will start playing with it tomorrow.

Burnt Powder

Burnt Powder

That was something........

Look at my output for 09.06.09 (22WU for 40,640 Points).

It is amazing what I can do when I get just 1760s for a day and this is even after I had to take away my biggest folding machine (8 Physical Cores, 16 with HT) last week.

After that wonderful day I am back to a full dish of 1920s so expect me to go back down to 15,000ppd.

Just an early morning rant :(

glussier

glussier

My qx9650 does roughly 2k ppd on a 1920 and 3kppd on a 1760. For the past week I went back to smp, but the only thing I got since then, are 1920s. At least they process properly to the end.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I am here to comment on your 40 K ppd Burnt Powder. That is impressive.

One of my Notfreds clients went down. Well, I finally got the time to tear it down and check for issues. Some Artic Silver found its way to the motherboard. A thorough cleaning and use of ceramic paste and the machine is back folding. Running 1920 ppd WUs on the Notfreds showing anywhere from 3700 to 4500 ppd in Fahmon. The only problem with the Notfreds is that you can not run the GPU clients.

Bink

Bink

Will moderate for food
What changed from the time everything was working right and now? You didn't have to go thu a proxy before?
The Squid proxy software gets updated fairly frequently. I suspect one of those updates has caused the issue. The proxy server is a busy production server, so it's fairly risky to attempt a downgrade in proxy software at the moment.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Would an inquiry with the Squid people about the issue help? they may be able to tell Stanford what needs addressing.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
A new Multi Millionaire coming up.
Gilles, you have stepped up production quite well. Getting close to the 30k per day mark.
Topped 700K last month and should best that this month.

I am thinking about rebuilding the gaming machine and using its P5Q/E8500 in the fold.
What would be the advantage of using the i7-860(2.80GHz) over the i7-920(2.66GHz) cpu other than clock speed? Probably use an Asus P7P55 board.

glussier

glussier

This is the exact same equipment, except that I have swithched 1 machine to Notfred. I think I should switch the other computers to Notfred also.

I didn't have enough time to fire-up your MSI motherboard, it will have to wait next week.

As for my production, I should be good for around 190k points for the current week.

I'm aiming for 800k points for the current month. The way it is going, I might beat 850k.

glussier

glussier

What would be the advantage of using the i7-860(2.80GHz) over the i7-920(2.66GHz) cpu other than clock speed? Probably use an Asus P7P55 board.
Clockspeed, but also it's motherboard would be chearper than the 1 required of the I7-920.The 860 also requires less power than the bigger brother's platform. Turbo boost is clocks also much higher on the i5/i7 motherboards than it does on socket 1366.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Congrats edhe62.

Your dad is moving along nicely also. Coming up on 100K.
Gilles is getting stronger and stronger. It is nice when all the clients behave and produce.

Bink

Bink

Will moderate for food
I think I have success! The true test will be additional work units showing up in the stats, but so far the logs appear to show communication between the clients and the server.

I updated to Squid 3.0.STABLE19, which appears to include a fix for this issue.

Associates