Distributed computing team?

Which distributed computing project?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
glussier

glussier

I think that for the current month, I should be good for between 680 to 690k points.

Burnt Powder

Burnt Powder

Thanks. You are right behind me. I am certain you will get to 3,000,000 before me because I can see some production needs coming down the road shortly that will require the use of the majority of my current [email protected] Servers full-time.

E

ELF2000

Congrats Burnt Powder. :) 2 million points.

I have been watching you two folding neck and neck for the around 1 million points.

Jankerson has just past 750,000. :)

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I dedicated a sole GTS250 to my Uncle that passed this past April. I am humbly proud to honor his name this way.

glussier

glussier

Thanks Leo, I had a few folding problems in August, but I'll still be able to end the month with close to 700k point. So, I'm happy with what I'm getting for the current month. Hopefully, I can do better in September.

glussier

glussier

Thanks all.

Burnt Powder is a tough cookie to break, every time I increase my production he does exactly the same. :)

Burnt Powder

Burnt Powder

Thanks all.

Burnt Powder is a tough cookie to break, every time I increase my production he does exactly the same. :)
Haha you have me now. Like I said above I am going to have to lower my porduction soon.......most likely this week.

Keep up the good work.

glussier

glussier

That was only a joke, I would like better that you increased your ppd production. My aim is for 900k in September.

I hope Bink can solve his folding problems, we badly need someone to take over your production.

For those interested, right now, my folding is consuming 1kwh of electricity so my folding cost is around 5cents an hour.

Last edited:
E

ELF2000

For those interested, right now, my folding is consuming 1kwh of electricity so my folding cost is around 5cents an hour.
How did you figure out it was costing 5c/hour?

I just got a $900 power bill for the quarter. :eek: The most expensive power bill I have ever had. I don't know how much of the bill is for folding but I need to reduce the cost of this bill. Any ideas on how to make my folding cost less while maintaining current production?

I have the following computers folding.
AMD 2600+ : Console client.
AMD 2800+ : Console client.
Intel Q6600 : SMP client and GPU client.

During the last quarter all 3 computers where folding 24/7. I am thinking of retiring the 2 AMD computers and only have the Intel computer running.

glussier

glussier

It's fairly easy for me to figure that out, my folding is setup in a shack in the backyard which has it's own electric meter.

I'm sure that your 3 computers are not drawing as much current as my folding equipment. You could purchase a wattmeter to check the powerdraw at the wallsocket. I think you are in the cold part of the year in your country, so heating might be what is costing you a lot of money.

I'm sure your 2 amd computers are ineffective, as they are drawing relatively a lot of current per folding point produced. Your folding production wouldn't be going down that much if you were to turn these 2 computers off. You could increase your q6600 production by running 2 linux folding clients under vmware. Doing the above you probably would increase you folding output while almost halving your folding electric bill.

Last edited:
E

ELF2000

Thanks for the assist glussier. :)

We are coming out of winter here but my heating and hot water only makes up 29% of my bill. The rest is light and power. I have change my most of my lights to energy savers and lowered the wattage of the globes.

I have added the -oneunit switch to the AMD computers and they are only folding when they are in use.

My Q6600 isn't a dedicated folder, I do use it. Would I download vmware from here? Which product would I use?

Bink

Bink

Will moderate for food
The address ; http://assign2.standord.edu is used to check if the server is receiving. One method of determining is a server is down is to put the server IP in a web browser. One should see the OK message when the window opens.
I set the same OK message when putting the assing2.stanford.edu address in a browser.
Thanks mate, I'll try to contact Bruce about the particular issue.

If I'm not going through the proxy server here, I can access the "assign2.standford.edu" address and I get the OK message. Going through the proxy gives me the error I mentioned above :(

Unfortunately, the majority of folding systems at work are on the student side of the network and can only access the internet via the proxy.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
We miss you. Hope they can get it worked out.

I have a hardware problem I am struggling to diagnose. Tried two different boards, different sets of ram, different video cards and folding sticks. Down to the CPU and power supply.
this may be the first Q6600 I have killed folding. And then probably only one of the four cores.

glussier

glussier

this may be the first Q6600 I have killed folding. And then probably only one of the four cores.
I don't think you can kill a cpu folding. My qx9650 has been folding 24/7 since February without a hickup.

Associates