Directx problem (I think..)

C

CALV

Hi all,

Had a problem or two today, came to play UT for the 1st time in a while, and the display was decidedly "wobbly", anyway I alt/tabbed out and then got an error from UT which was some long winded thing but mentioned directdraw. I ran dxdiag and the direct draw test was fine until the full screen cube- the screen was just black with no cube!!. I downloaded dx80a and installed it- still same, downloaded dx8.1- same, installed latest vid drivers/4 in 1's same!!, I tested some other games and some of them just wont play now, I cant say exactly when the problem was caused as I dont play many games, has anyone any suggestions?

Abit kt7a
athlon 1 gig @ 1333 (clocked it back just incase this was the problem)
gf2mx
256 meg pc150
s/blaster live

------------------
Next time you wave, use all your fingers.

CALV

N

Neil01952

Hardcore Biker
Could be a fried video card. Is it overclocked? If not, does it have a fan on?

------------------
I won't bore you with my system specs..

C

CALV

Thanks for the reply,

I dont think its a fried card, it WAS overclocked but its back to normal now till I sort this out, it came with just a heatsink but now has a socket7 hsf on it, 3dmark can run all night no probs, and I can play halflife forever, its just directdraw thats the prob, I dont really want to reformat
. I may throw in a spare hard drive and put windaz on just to check.

------------------
Next time you wave, use all your fingers.

CALV

C

cyril1

I would download a copy of Norton utilities from Tucows and run the Win doctor tests. It can fix up many problems. Might save you from having to Reload everything.

------------------
1.1 Gig Thunderbird
Abit kt7 raid
256MB Corsair Cas2
Radeon LE
SoundBlaster Live Value

Associates