diff between OEM and retail of ATI all-in-wonder

D

drzaius

is there any differences? in either software or hardware?

------------------
people that are slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that are hard.

M

morphious

the diff between oem and retail is, oem is used by computer retailers that make their own systems, and retail is bought at a store seperatly. the main diff is that one has a box and the other one dont. if the card comes with games you probably wont get them with oem ither

Dave_B

Dave_B

Overclocking Duffus
Do some research. ATI has a habit of selling OEMs that are clocked slower. The better chips go to the retail versions. I know that was true of the Rage 128 cards, dunno about the Radeons although I do remember seeing something about that over at http://www.hardocp.com/ a while back.

D

drzaius

do you guys know what software comes with it? if any?
this is more directed at people who actully have bought either an OEM version or retail.

i don't really care about the extra 17mhz that i could get by getting a retail (if this is true)

------------------
people that are slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that are hard.

D

drzaius

i found out what software it comes with (from sharky) VideoEditor 4.0, MerlinVR, and Mediator 5.0.

im really only interested in the videoeditor 4, is it a good program? i already have MGI VideoWave3.

------------------

[This message has been edited by drzaius (edited 06-09-2001).]