Did the Heat wave end where you live yet?

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
It finially ended here in NC this past week after over 2 weeks of high 90's and 3 days of 100 +. :)

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
yeah we had one great week in mid-July, thankfully I had that week off for my birthday :)

But it really has been crap since then. Right now it's pouring with rain and about 16 degrees (61 F in old money)

over 100 degrees is pretty toasty though. The hottest temps recorded in the UK were last year when it hit exactly 100 (37) in London. There was a heatwave across much of the UK and France for about 3 weeks, and everyone started to get pretty sick of it in the end. It killed a lot of elderly people too. I think the problem over here is that we're just not used to those kind of temperatures for a sustained period. Same thing happens when a few flakes of snow fall in the winter - the whole country grinds to a halt :rolleyes:

E

ELF2000

Before the page loaded after posting my reply jankerson had allready replied!!:D
Dialup is to slow:(

jankerson said:
That would explain it. :D
Yep, that would explain why there is no heat wave here:D:D

krupted

krupted

its been awful in midwest. we had about four days of cool weather and now its back to around 100, i work outside and its just awful right now. then before we know it it dips down to 10 below :rolleyes: damn midwest crazy weather

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

Yep, ended here at the end of last week...just in time for the end of my vacation :D It lasted a good 2-3 weeks too...

ups4

ups4

Here is South Florida, it's always a heat wave :eek:
I work outside too (UPS driver) and it is pure hell for about 9 months out of the year. The "feels like" temps are normally around 100 F or higher.
I really look forward to the cloudy days....at least the sun is not frying you in your own sweat :rolleyes:

But I don't think I could stand the heat I felt recently in Vegas. I got off the plane at 8:30 pm, and the temp outside was a balmy 117 F. It was so hot it literally took my breath away when the doors opened to the outside. How could anybody deal with that on a daily basis?

Paul

S

SniGG

zzzZZzzz... Sleepy....ZZz
heat

you guys are killin me it reached like 110-120 here regularly in the summer it is the cold that kills me anything 50 and below im not stayin outside for more than 5 min :D

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
No, it hasn't. In fact my door and door jam are so swollen with the heat and humidity that I can't lock the thing. The lock doesn't line up.

S

SniGG

we dont have a humidity problum here it is very dry so to here stuff like that is weired

fire

fire

computer guy
SniGG, be glad that you dont live in Winnipeg, Canada like I do. this past week was +35-40C and in winter we get -30-40C with out the windchill some times. You know its stupidly cold out when you have your eye freeze shut after about 10mins out side.

krupted

krupted

50 is perfect for working, i would take 50F all year round because i work outside, its cool enough to wear protective pants and shirts yet it takes a lot to sweat in that weather.

S

SniGG

ya that is crazy eyes freezin shut if it even hits single digets here i wont even go outside i cant even imagine the negitives

Shervie2

Shervie2

Dont know how I missed this post but, Hot as hell here. Seen no rain in probably 2 weeks. Todays high 97F, heat index 105f. Been like this for that two weeks. We are now in a official drought. Theres suppose to be a cool front coming in tonight, down to hi 80's tomorrow. Hope it does.
P.S. Bowling Green, Kentucky. U.S.A.