Diamond Viper V550 for UT ?

rh71

rh71

LuRkeR ExtRaoRdinaiRe
Does this video card work for UT? I have yet to get the chance and run it...

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
It should; I had a tnt2u and after some tweaks, I could get 50fps in UT. Just make sure you use the 5.xx drivers and not the 6.xx drivers.

rh71

rh71

LuRkeR ExtRaoRdinaiRe
Are you referring to the Detenator stuff? I'm still doing my research... I got the latest Detenator3 drivers... ready to go.

P

panzer93

holy crap!! how did you get 50 fps?? i got a tnt2 and i don't ever get above 40! but i do run it at 1240x1060 (or somethng around that) so that might be it.. my tnt2 is also not ultra. but i would still be interested to know how you "tweaked" that thing..

------------------
I tried to sniff coke once, but an ice cube got stuck in my nose...

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Just turned off a lot of the options in direct3d preferences and played @ 640x480. Now I get that framerate with my geforce2mx @ 1024x768!

rh71, a lot of people have been complaining that they've lost performance on a tnt using the det3 drivers; I got 5 more fps in q3a with them so your mileage may vary.

[This message has been edited by Huge (edited 08-30-2000).]

A

Acid Rain

Yeah the viper shoukld run great with UT. You should try to get the Hurcules 2 GTS. Its a great card.

------------------
Mess with the best
Die like the rest
--Hackers
-Acid Rain

C

coolguy867

hey guys! i'm back. anyways, if i were you and was gonna buy a card specifically for UT, then i would get a Voodoo card as UT supports Glide and the voodoo's natively support it. if you were to use the V550 i would think that you would get around 30 fps running 800x600 with most of the options to the max.

C

coolguy867

damn, i forgot. i used to have 1111 before i came back. i lost it!!! noooo. anyways, guess i'll just hafta wait for 2222.