Diablo2: What does activating the gem do?

DJ_Keoki

DJ_Keoki

I am the Universe
I have been wondering for so long what it does when you click on that gem in the middle of the chat screen on battle.net. It says "gem activated" or "gem deactivated" I think. When I try and ask people this on b.net they just laugh at me and stuff
. Anyone know what it does?

P.S. If you play on USEast and you have a good (150+) exec sword for trade, email [email protected] or msg EricGhint on b.net.

------------------
P3 866mhz
256mb RAM
3D Prophet II MX
SB Live! Value
running 7.58 Detonators
and DX8.0
5501 3D Marks @ 1024x768x16

T

terence

No one knows for sure. Blizzard is being tight lipped about that. This is on Blizzard's website:

What is the function of the Gem in the Diablo II Battle.net Chat room?

While we cannot reveal the purpose or function of the Gem in the Diablo II Battle.net Chat room, we can say that it is working correctly and has more than exceeded our expectations. Also, Blizzard employees cannot confirm or deny any rumors regarding this Gem.

------------------
“When a team doesn't double me, it's like they're disrespecting my game.”

-Shaquille O'neal

M

morphious

oh god, once you think battlenet cant get any worse it releases something like that

DJ_Keoki

DJ_Keoki

I am the Universe
Oh ok. I think that the battle.net team means that they put it on there just so people would click on it and not know wtf it does. They just see how many people will actually click on it. Sort of like a "candid camera" type of thing. That's just a guess though.

------------------
P3 866mhz
256mb RAM
3D Prophet II MX
SB Live! Value
running 7.58 Detonators
and DX8.0
5501 3D Marks @ 1024x768x16

M

morphious

i asked some guy and he thought that it was for the beta testers to report bugs threw the chat

S

sin2

I can't say what the gems does but it's really stupid.

I always use its functions when I "create" a room. Works very well.

Associates