deus ex is F**ked

D

Dutch Woman

i am up to the ocean base level where i am about to enter a mini submarine, but when i try to enter the sub, it says that it is saving and 4 a slit second says it is loading, and then goes back to where i waz. also after it has "saved and loaded" i walk @ a snails pace and i cant change weapons.

WTF is with this? i am using the default version with CD cracks.

------------------
[email protected] Week 30 :D FOP 38
128 PC133 Hyundai
Abit KT7 RAID
SB live Value
Leadtek Geforce(1) DDR rev B.
10/100 realtek
Viewmaster 17'1600x1200
seagate 13.6 7200
maxtor 4.3
32x lite-on
ricoh MP7040A

G

Gasman

Can you smell burning?
Copy all the save games, and do a fresh install.
I had a similar prob, where it would load the next level, but actually froze.

------------------
P3 800e @ 1 Gig with Alpha PEP66 (YS-Tech fan: bloody noisy)
BF6 Mobo
Geforce2 GTS
256M PC133 Crucial
TurtleBeach Santa Cruz
Iiyama VisionMaster Pro450

H

h_fielder

i have deus ex. when it says it saves the game (when going into another level) where can u access these saved games.

------------------
Duron800,Gforce2 mx,5 USB's 128MB 133MHz,Asus A7V,16X DVD,4x4x32CDRW,SB 128,2x80w TEAK,56K,17" Philips,MS internet kb,ms intelimouse,fdd,100 cdr's. Deus ex, hl.

G

Gasman

Can you smell burning?
When it says its 'saving' its not actually making a 'save game' its just saving the information from the last level, before loading the next.
The save games that I was refering to are found in the game directory.
Backing up these files will allow you to replace them once the game has been reinstalled, so you dont lose your place in the game.

I do this quite a bit with longer games, I have periods where I go into a format frenzy

------------------
P3 800e @ 1 Gig with Alpha PEP66 (YS-Tech fan: bloody noisy)
BF6 Mobo
Geforce2 GTS
256M PC133 Crucial
TurtleBeach Santa Cruz
Iiyama VisionMaster Pro450

M

Miless

If you do a quick save in the game then unistall Dues Ex and reinstall it,it will automaticly keep all your saved entries in Explorer under Dues Ex.You dont need to backup anything and if you do sometimes it will get out of order and screw up the game.

------------------
Miles

This too shall pass!