Desperate... Need For Speed Porsche 2000™

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
I am desperate here guys... I have Need For Speed 2000 and there is no support on the internet for it. All they have is Need For Speed Unleashed and Need For Speed Highstakes.

I'm having a problem with the Evolution Series... about three quarters through the track the game freezes. I have to cold boot to get back to Windows.

Are there any patches or downloads that support this version of the game?

Please please please! I really need the help this time around.

Cheers.

------------------
It Is Now Safe To Turn Off Your Computer

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
That's one thing I hate about EA and NFS series; practically no tech support or patches. I get that sometimes in the Evolution races in NFS:pU but not always in the same place. Does it occur right after you start the game or after a while playing it?

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
Thanks for answering Huge.

After playing it all day in the single race and all the other races it ran just fine... now, in the evoluton series it hangs in almost the same exact place. Gina thinks its a glitch in the game but I can't tell for sure. You think it's the game?

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
That sounds like a bug if it happens almost at the same place everytime, but who knows. Try using a search engine; if it is a bug, chances are someone else has found it and might have a solution.

rangeral

rangeral

Our Friend
if nobody else mentions the bug then take it back to the store for an exchange see if it does the same thing, then you'll know if its the game or cd.

now that i'm thinking about it, i tried high stakes and it wouldn't play on my pc with diamond mx300 sound drivers but my son has a sb16 and nearly identical system and it played perfectly on his, i just changed drivers to aureal's think i'll borrow it from him and try it again.

[This message has been edited by rangeral (edited 08-24-2000).]

K

Kroblanx

Yeah..I also experience freezing with the sound looping when playing the evolution series...It happens when I have to drive the 356A Speedster with one particular map. It certainly may be a glitch in the game...I don't experience it when playing single races and the factory driver mode...

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
What a relief it is to know that I'm not the only one who's had that problem.

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling and I'll keep away from that 356A completely to avoid running into the same thing again.

Thanks for asll the help people... I really appreciate it.

GOSHARKS

GOSHARKS

hey toolbox, nfs porshe 2000 and nfs pu is the same thing, so whatever people say about pu applies to p2000. ea has releases several patches for the game, to update them click multiplayer in the main menu and then internet games. it will ask if you want to update and then go on. also, try www.nfscheats.com they have a decent discussion board for this kind of stuff.

------------------
Visit my website!
look for me on AIM as gosanjose

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
It's still hanging and it's really annoying me now.

It seems to be doing this more often now!

I can't stand it anymore.

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
hey toolbox, nfs porshe 2000 and nfs pu is the same thing, so whatever people say about pu applies to p2000. ea has releases several patches for the game, to update them click multiplayer in the main menu and then internet games. it will ask if you want to update and then go on. also, try www.nfscheats.com they have a decent discussion board for this kind of stuff.
GOSHARKS,

I did exactly what you said... I went into Porsche's Game Mode. Clicked on Internet Games, it finds an update and then asks me if I want to download it. I click yes and then it quits back to the desktop.

Where in the world am I supposed to download the new patch from?

H E L P ! ! ! !

K

Kroblanx

The game's update program does just that... It makes the game quit to the desktop so that another program opens to download and install the patch update...After that, the program automatically starts the game again. So next time you try to update, just give time for the update program to do its thing...

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
Sorry... I guess I'm just so impatient already.

I've been trying to get this thing to work for days now.

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
NO NO NO

It's been back to the desktop for more then 5 minutes now and nothing is downloading!

Can someone give me a strict download site where I can grab the patch manually.

The one I'm looking for says it's exactly 3332.8 KB so I guess that's the one I'm looking for.

Thanks all.

[This message has been edited by Toolbox (edited 08-27-2000).]

K

Kroblanx

I'm assuming that your connection to the Internet is on when you're trying to update the game...If it is, I don't know what the problem is...I updated the game this way with no problems whatsoever...

There are a lot of NFS:porsche fan sites out there where you could possibly find the patch. The official site only allows updating the game through the update program. Hope you find the patch on the other sites...

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
I still haven't got it working... and yes, of course, my internet connection is active!

Thanks for helping though...

Anyone else?

K

Kroblanx

O.K. As I remember, EA's update program is an independent and separate app from the game itself...So, maybe the update program is incorrectly installed or not installed in your system. You can try searching for the app which installs the update program in the NFS:porsche CD...After installing it, try updating the game again like I said before.

I think that EA also has this update program available for download from their site...I just don't know where exactly...Good Luck.