Deskjet Printhead Pad



New Member
I have an original HP Deskjet and the little pad that covers the printhead to keep the ink from drying on the printhead is missing. HP is telling me that I have to send the printer for repair to get this pad replaced. Is this true? Does anyone know how I can repair this myself?