Deschutes 300

L

luta wicasa

I've never oc'ed anything (yet). I just got a PII Deshutes 300 on a I440LX board(the price was right,FREE),but I may soon have a FIC VB601V. Think this is workable for first timer?

By the way,
Anybody got some tips or tricks for this Deschutes with the 601V when I get it. Via chipset.

[This message has been edited by luta wicasa (edited 10-28-2000).]

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
I can't remember if the Deschutes was the 0.35 or the 0.25 micron core. Can you refresh me on this? What's the S-Code on the chip? You can find it here.

If your chip is either an SL2W8 or an SL2YK then you're in luck... those are actually 450's disguised as 300's.

grover

grover

Ex pert
The Deschutes chips overclocked really well- the core is made for 450MHz, and the manufacturing process was so good, practically every chip could get there without even a voltage bump
I got my 333MHz (5x66) up to 400 (4x100). Unfortunately, the LX only supports a 66MHz FSB, but you can probably get it up to 75MHz.

Whatever you do, crank that chip HARD- If you can get the FSB up to 75MHz, that's a great start. Otherwise, I think the 300 was still multiplier unlocked; not that it does you much good, because you can only raise it to 5 or 5.5, but you should be able to at least get it to 333
(I know the 333 was the last chip Intel made without the multiplier lock on) Let us know how it goes!

g'luck!

------------------
Asus A7V
Duron [email protected]@1.80V

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
I forgot to mention... you don't need extra cooling for that thing. It'll run 450 MHz with the stock heatsink and stock voltage. It's a great chip.

L

luta wicasa

Originally posted by Toolbox:
I can't remember if the Deschutes was the 0.35 or the 0.25 micron core. Can you refresh me on this? What's the S-Code on the chip? You can find it here.

If your chip is either an SL2W8 or an SL2YK then you're in luck... those are actually 450's disguised as 300's.

I guess I got lucky sl2yk.Forgot to mention .25 micron.

[This message has been edited by luta wicasa (edited 10-28-2000).]

D

D|sElMiNk

How come both my friends P][233 and my P][350 were both unable to use higher multipliers than 3.5 (default for both) if all P]['s are unlocked ?

Both of them can use any multiplier lower than the original, but not higher.

The 350 ran fine at 444(3x148) while the 233 was happy at 350.