***DELTA FORCE Land Warrior***

Baloneyflaps

Baloneyflaps

Super Moderator
Awesome... I didn't think they could do it-- they've done away with the Voxels, but they still have the detailed, realistic terrain that was the main reason any of us ever tolerated the Voxels to start with!

For anyone familiar with Delta Force 1 or 2, this update of the series in addition to dispensing with the voxels that some people had issues with... *cough* Bladerunner *cough* they've taken a slightly less nuts-and-bolts military action slant and have introduced a little silliness and humor in the way of the characters you'll play as and their corresponding dialogue. Novalogic also seems to have taken some light liberties with the physics model over the previous two in this latest move towards a slightly less strictly realistic game...

Still... the overall feel of the game is the same, and for anyone who likes these kinds of shooters, check out the demo... I think I'll definitely be buying the full version when it comes out... I can't wait to play it multiplayer. It's going to be great!

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Silent & Cool.....
LMAO........

Doesn't that look much better? I like it much more now and it runs well at 1024x768 with FSAA on the GTS.

Quite why they needed to use the voxels in the first place ??. It is nice when a software house actually listens to the people that buy the games and fixes things.

It is not perfect because although I hate to admit it voxels do give a better feeling o "vastness" and I'm not sure the D3D engine will create vehicles and aircraft with such accuracy. still I'm much happier to play the game knowing that my expensive graphics card is doing something, rather than being convinced I'm stuck in software mode

fx

fx

Its good to hear they have gone away with the old voxel thing......never looked good to start with and didn't run well on my V3 either. Still thing Rogue Spear is the best realistic FPS game around.

Mephisto

Mephisto

I tried the demo and had the impression they took the best of both techniques. When I look at the sand dunes, they still seem to be made of voxels. But that's OK, if you got great landscapes and can look miles far, and also got hw accelerated models, buildings, weapons, etc...
BTW, how can I get a look at the map?

------------------
I am the Spirit that denies!

[This message has been edited by Mephisto (edited 08-29-2000).]

C

Ceint

That was a cool demo, I love the Delta Force series, and they have done a good job at implementing hardware acceleration and keeping the vast expanses of land. I'm impressed. Do any of you guys play DF online?

Baloneyflaps

Baloneyflaps

Super Moderator
If you want, I can burn a copy of the demo on a CDR, get a plane ticket, fly to your house and install it for you, would that help?