Dell Inspiron 910 (Mini 9) Like New, With carry case $250!!!

markjs

markjs

Vlad The Impaler
This item went out of warranty about 2 months ago and is fully functional, and has no apparent damage. It has 2GB of RAM and an 8GB solid state drive, has AC adapter, a good battery, and nice soft carry case, and has XP and freeware virus scanners and spyware protection and maybe some apps, nothing is pirated. The only reason I'm selling it is because my car broke down and that silly 8GB SSD. SSD's are just too damn expensive and 8GB is too small in my opinion, but with 2GB or RAM on XP this thing runs nicely! I found it great to put on the coffee table and while watching TV (like History Channel or something like that I could Google anything of interest and be as lazy as the day is long, but to be honest (to myself) I have a full sized laptop and really don't legitimately need this though I do hate to part with it!

It is in nearly pristine like new condition. If there is any scratch I am unaware of it so let's just say very good condition to be safe. It has not even been used very much!

AC adapter, and soft case are included, and the battery is full functional. I'm asking a low price of $250 for immediate sale. I have good heatware, but the nature of my financial crisis is such that I must ask PayPal payment before I ship. I will ship most likely with UPS or USPS whichever is less and insure it for at least the purchase price if not rounded up to $300. I will charge $15 for shipping, no matter the actual cost, though it should be pretty close.

I need it to go quick, PayPal only, because my tabs and insurance expire in just a few days, though the car, which bled me dry is now fixed!

I am the second owner and know the first because he gave it to us free, and can prove it legit if need be.

Here is the Wiki on it....

markjs

markjs

Vlad The Impaler
I reduced to $200 because the first quote I got for it from chashforlaptops.com was not accurate, but come on now, you KNOW $200 for LIKE NEW + 2GB or RAM and CARRYING case is a STEAL!

markjs

markjs

Vlad The Impaler
OK, Due to further info I'm gonna say $175+$15 to ship = $190 total, OBO, but as the price goes down my firmness goes up. This is a truly immaculate machine, also sans all the Dell BS because I used a recovery disk from Dell which if I can find it will be also included.

markjs

markjs

Vlad The Impaler
Wow it seems that either nobody wants one or nobody has disposable income these days. I have not put up such an item and ever had so little response ever before!

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
Maybe people are looking at the brand new mini 10's for $259 ...slowre drive but much much larger....full warrenty etc....Maybe you could do a comparrison and point out why yours is a better buy;)

markjs

markjs

Vlad The Impaler
There is nothing other than mine is cheaper and in good condition. It's hard to even see what is in a mini 10 on the Dell site because people are such PC idiots for the most part they don't even like to tell you things like hard drive capacity or anything like that because most folks would not understand anyway. They just want zoom zoom and whatever everyone else is buying in the wave of mindless computer buying frenzy with little or no regard for what they actually need or what the best product is for them or quality wise over all. I have absolute contempt for most folks who buy the latest greatest and care nothing about what meets their needs or learning anything about the PC.

On a personal level I like helping folks and being the most honest repairman bar none I have ever met, but I have to laugh and scratch my head when they ask me what would best serve them, I give them a studied answer and then they buy a gaming laptop to sit endlessly on their desktop, never moving or being cared for, to write emails and web surf!

I come here because folks here (generally) know something and I don't have to feel like I am always talking to folks who want to know nothing learn nothing, but just have cooler toys than the next guy. I guess I am just utilitarian to the core.

Unfortunately being such an anti laptop (disposable "bic lighter" of the computing world) guy, I am not up with the latest technology so I do appreciate your pointing out about the mini 10, but obviously there is no way I can keep up with that so...

*$150* final price drop! If it ain't worth that I'll keep the damn thing! It has no moving parts which I guess could be called a plus. For what it is it is a nice machine, in pristine condition and comes with expanded memory and a very nice Targus case.

Again, don't let my cynicism seem like I am ungrateful for your insight Steve, because nothing could be farther from the truth. You are a great guy and always helpful, it's just that I need money and as already I've said, the whole laptop phenomenon is about the silliest dumbest thing ever IMHO. Those consumer suckers who get them, that really should have a desktop and smartphone instead, only to have the laptop fail catastrophically very shortly after; perhaps because perhaps they have more money (credit?) than sense? I got to laugh! There is another one born every day and so often these are the "sub-prime mortgage debt-to-their-eyeballs types who helped destroy our economy" in the first place guys. Cest la vie! *******es!

Last edited:
markjs

markjs

Vlad The Impaler
Oh and BTW, it behooves me to have as many toys as I can being "in the biz" and just needing general knowledge and understanding, but this like so many was something I'd never buy, and was a gift from a friend who is just the kind of idiot I describe above, and I tell him so, and he loves me anyway!

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
Ditto to pretty much everything you said...Everybody and their brother has a laptop and most now realize they don't need one. (i only have two and can't remember the last time I turned one of them on)

markjs

markjs

Vlad The Impaler
SOLD!

The one thing I like about Anandtech forums is the volume and caliber of traders!

Associates