Dell Drivers

G

ggalv

I installed reinstalled Windows 7 on a computer, the following have a "the exclamation" symbol within Device Manager, see attached.

Intel(R) 8 Series xHCI HC - 9C31
USB2.0-CRW

How would I go about fixing these?

I have been installing Windows Updates, should that be installing all the Drivers for the Dell Computer (Inspiron 15, Model No. 3542)? Or do I need to go to the Dell Website and install all the drivers from there (please see attached picture)?

Thanks

Attachments

G

ggalv

I went to the Dell website and installed all recommended Drivers, including Bios.

But when I went try to install the "Dell Wireless 17075 Wifi + Bluetooth Driver Network Driver, I got a message that the Device Driver was not successfully installed.

I am getting what is shown in the attached pictures

Attachments

G

ggalv

I reinstalled Windows 7.

I tried installing the Chipset Driver from the Dell website and it mention that the computer currently contains a software version which is newer than the version you are about to install. So I did not install the Chipset Driver.

I then installed the Realtek Card Reader successfully.

I am still getting what is shown on the attached picture.

Should I have installed the Chipset Driver, even if it was an older version than what is currently installed?

Or should I continue with installing "Intel Management Engine Interface Driver" and "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver?

Attachments

G

ggalv

I installed the remaining chipset drivers from Dell and the exclamation marks in Device Manager went away. Thanks.

I went and installed the remaining drivers and applications. I still have not connected my computer to the internet to get updates. Everything installed successfully except the following two:

1) When I tried to install to install the "Dell Touchpad Driver" within the Mouse, Keyboard & Input Devices Category, I get the message which is attached.

2) Also, when I try to install, the "Dell Digital Delivery Application", I get the message that is attached.

Do you know why these are not working?

Appreciate your help.

Attachments

Associates