DDR-RAM Price Woe

• Thread starter Captain Amazing
  • Start date
Captain Amazing

Captain Amazing

Mild Mannered Superhero
What has happened? In the space of a month the DDR-RAM prices have rocketed. I'm guessing its a combination of cuts to production, switches to DDR2700, and the emergence of the intel i845DDR chipset. Looks like its heading back to the ridiculous prices of two years ago (near £100 for a stick of RAM). I'm suprised given the drop in component sales over the last year.

Happy New Year
The Captain

"I only use the best cod in my fish fingers"

Heehee, got my 256MB OCZ DDR2400 a month ago for $41.99. Just checked the place where I ordered from, now it's $64.99. How lucky of me

Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1800+
Alpha PAL6035 w/ 40cfm YS Tech
Antec 1030B
Shuttle AK31 v3.1
256MB OCZ DDR300 CL2
VisionTek GF 256 SDR
40GB WD 7200RPM ATA100
8.4GB Maxtor 5400RPM ATA33
SB Live

son of a monkey

It is still pretty cheap...compared to previous versions of memory such as pc-133.

Hey about a year and half ago, I spent $125 for 128mb Micron PC133 CAS3. So I wouldnt be complaining about how much you all are spending. I would gladly pay that much for that memory. If I could have spent that for memory when I bought this memory, I would have had a little left over for a bigger monitor.

Athy [email protected] 1.65v
Abit KA7
128meg PC133 7.5ns can do [email protected]
Asus V7700 Pure 32meg (215+?/366+?)
IBM 75GXP 45gb
WD 10.2GB 7200rpm ATA66
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
Toshiba SD-M1402 (12x dvd/40x cd)
Plextor 8/4/32 CD-RW
3COM 56k hardware modem (just incase)
SMC 10mpbs ISA NIC (for DSL)

I got really lucky with DDR prices. my local best buy had Crucial 256MB DDR PC2100 for $25 after instant and mail in rebates. bought two of them for computer im building

super moderator
768mb cas2 crucial for £80 inc vat and postage 2 months ago.

my only regret - not waiting 3 days for it to be £77 hehehehehehe

hopefully when i switch to ddr the prices will be better than now, if not i'll have to skimp on something frivolous, like food

trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons
trout are very valuable and immensely powerful
keep away from the trout

My "Asian Connection" tells me RAM is on the rise, so tonight I "BUY".

"I cant drive...55 !!!" Dr. Foxx Am.D.,Dd.R.,Xp

I a story about this upcoming event on TechTV.
it's beacuse of Windows XP and some other new platforms causing a large demand for memory.
you can still get it cheap, but get it now if you want it beacuse the next couple months are gonna be alittle rockey.
Most memory manufacturers are expected to crank prices very shortly.

There all gonna laugh at you