Custom Casing Almost Done™ - (Large Images)

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
Just keeping you guys updated on that classic computer I am building. The case is almost done and I am still looking for all the old parts I want to use which is hard because I always want to build the fastest computer possible.

The inner parts are all chomed. Since I was afraid of shorting out system by chroming the motherboard plate, I just painted it jet black and rubbed it down as well as I could. The outer part of the case is Pearl White. I used Anzal Automative paint and it's taken me about 4 weeks to get this far.

Here are the assembled parts... amd still doing the front face, you guys will see that soon.

------------------
"It Is Now Safe To Turn Off Your Computer"

[This message has been edited by Toolbox (edited 05-17-2002).]

B

Bsr

you need http:// before www

------------------
MSI k7t pro2
1700xp
GF2 (soon to be radeon8500)
1 wd 40gb, 1 20gb
512mb pc2100

B

Bsr

If you could make alot of these at one time you'd make a killing on ebay

------------------
MSI k7t pro2
1700xp
1 wd 40gb, 1 20gb
512mb pc2100

prince

prince

Neat!

Looking forward to seeing the final result.

------------------
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Albert Einstein 1879-1955

T

Telcoman

Toolbox -- If you can stand to watch paint dry for 4 weeks, can I conclude that you also have a 28.8 kbps connection too? Just kidding.

------------------
My screen says: "Je pense, donc je suis."

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
Thanks for the compliments guys...
I hope everything turns out well.

I don't know what kind of case it is though. All I know is that it is the first case I ever got. It's been around since about 1996 or 1997. I just dug it up in my storage room and decided to use it. Once I finished the front part of the casing, I'm sure someone will be able to identify it.

Cheers all.

B

Bsr

Probly a generic case..

------------------
MSI k7t pro2
1700xp
1 wd 40gb, 1 20gb
512mb pc2100

sjracer

sjracer

Very nice Toolbox, I like it!!!!

------------------
Abit KR7A-133 Raid
Athlon 1900+
Enlight 7237 Case
Enermax 350W
512 MB PC2100 DDR
Maxtor 40 Gig 7200RPM
ASUS V7100 Pro
SB Live 5.1
3Com NIC
HP 9100 CDRW
Sony 52X CDrom

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
I'm buying more parts for it today... when I get my hands on them, I'll see what else can be chromed!

Cheers!

K62

K62

Sailor
are you gonna cut out those grills in the case?

------------------
I AM CANADIAN

Duron 900 @ 1100
1.75v (8x133)
Abit Kt7a
192 mb ram
ATI Radeon 32mb ddr
win2k sp2

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
No more cutting... The only added fan that's going to be in there is a 120MM fan that's on the side cover of the case. I'm trying to keep this computer as quiet as possible. Processor and Power Supply will have fans too but hopefully I can find a GeForce2 that doesn't have a fam... or a quiet one at least!

A

AuRoCuL

Nice rack. Been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time since I posted here. Remember me? lol. Looks great man, chrome my case!

------------------
"You can't hurt The Colonal, because The Colonal likes it rough!"
Get Listed!

D

DuronClocker

Whoa hey whats been up man? Where've you been?!

Anyways, this is a very neat project Todd. If I wanted to do this and be technical about my family's first computer, I would have to go pick up some old 286, that I can't even remember what it looked like! LOL! So long ago...all I remember was the huge blue I B M on the screen at bootup and then playing Frogger, the all-time greatest classic PC game. God was I little! Couple years ago we got our P133 from Gateway, and I have all of the parts except the video card (2mb ET6000 PCI) still in use in various computers in my room. The first computer that I actually owned was a P233MMX in the case I'm currently using. ATI [email protected] 8MB PCI, SB Live! MP3+ 5.1, ASUS SP97-V (or -XV, but technically, I had the -V first), 128mb EDO SIMMS (sold all 128mb for like $60 last year...still have 2 32mb modules left!), and other stuff. I no longer own any of this except the case (original P133 case still, hehe), and I burnt out the 250w PSU...still don't know the cause of death, but oh well! Have fun Todd!

------------------
MSI K7T Turbo-R w/ 2.35v/4.05v mods
Certified as "Turbo2-R" by me
AthlonXP 1600+ @ 1.55v
256MB Corsair? PC150 CL3
Radeon 64DDR @ 200/250 w/ ramsinks + default coresink...volt mods soon!