Creatives Savage 4 S3 removing existing heatsink and put a larger on

D

Dr. MASS

Hi, there What do u think of removing existing heatsink on Creatives Savage 4 and put a larger on instead ?
That would lower the temp since I play Half Life alot hehehe

------------------
*** The worst investment u can do is a buy a new computer, buy some stocks isntead ***

S

saltedeggman

The card itself does not include a fan, just a heatsink. If you don't mind taking off the heatsink and stuff, that would be the best way to cool it. If you wanna save it, you can just attach a small fan to cool the GPU.

salt

D

Dr. MASS

The card itself does not include a fan, just a heatsink. If you don't mind taking off the heatsink and stuff, that would be the best way to cool it. If you wanna save it, you can just attach a small fan to cool the GPU.
salt

If U don´t mind taking off the heats. and stuff, that would be the best way to cool it.
R u crazy taking of the "original" heatsink is better than no heatsink at all ?!?!?!
Is that what u mean ?
Explain one more time !

------------------
*** The worst investment u can do is a buy a new computer, buy some stocks isntead ***

C

CheeseMan

i'm prettyu sure he means take it off and replace it. I didn't replace it, but I added a fan to my Diamond s540, and it makes a difference in stability @ 92MHz AGP + OC'ing.

------------------
Nothing but the CHEESE!

D

Dr. MASS

Cheese
What fan did U use ?
The 486 "standard" one ?

------------------

C

CheeseMan

I went to radio shack and payed $12. Now I know where to buy them for <$5. I just bought 4 of them.

------------------
Nothing but the CHEESE!

Donovan

Donovan

Hey guys, how does that savage 4 perform anyway? How would you compare it to a v3? I've got a v3 3k right now and I'm looking for another card for my bp6.

D

Dr. MASS

Don´t go Savage 4 S3 go TNT2 instead
Why ? The Open GL doesn´t work any good in S3 at Half Life it doesn´t work at all...

------------------