Creative Labs Creative DDTS-100

PrinceOfPersia

PrinceOfPersia

The Prince Of Babylon
I just got a PS3 (yey after 2 years I finally got one) Spent all day setting it up, I have Vista installed on my PC and the sound is connected through my X-Fi Card via optical cable.

Now here's what made me very upset! I sat down to play my first game - NO SOUND!

Turns out Vista won't output 5.1 like this! So now my bro tells me I have to buy this thing called a "Creative Labs Creative DDTS-100 Decoder" which is about £150 on ebay :eek: Does anyone know where I can get this from less than this murderous price? I have a PS3 I have to have my 5.1!

B

biglilsteve

Yeahhh, I read that in the release notes for the X-Fi Vista drivers...outrageous.

I did a little searching to see if I could find it cheaper anywhere else...I found nothing. Directly from Creative's website, its $130...which will be divided in half in your currency...but yeah of course it's sold out. Everywhere else the price is no cheaper than what you've already found.

The only thing I could suggest would be to purchase a new set of speakers for your computer. I am using the Logitech Z-5500 Digital speakers for my computer as well as my Xbox360, and they are amazing. The speakers have the standard mini-plug inputs to get the 5.1 from your computer as well digital optical and coaxial inputs so you can connect them to your PS3 and DVD player. They have built-in Dolby Digital and DTS decoding, AND would cost less than purchasing that ridiculous Creative decoder.

The speakers will be the most powerful thing you've heard connected to any PC before. Combined with your Fatal1ty card, will rival the clarity of any home theater system. I just know because I own both.

Vista did a great job of making the front bay of our X-Fi's pretty useless eh?

Associates