Creative Inspire 7.1 Speakers

D

DiabloPablo

i just bought these speakers and theyre great...the only thing is that sound only comes out of 2 of the speakers. this is because the wiring is 4:3 when i need a 4:4. i need to know how i can fix this..please help :confused:

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

Welcome,

Please let us know your sound card. Your problem likely comes from a setting in the sound card drivers/software.

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

Well, if there is an soundcard utility installed, open it up and see if there's a speaker configuration that you can setup. Most of the time, sound cards don't automatically detect your speaker setup, so you have to go in and manually adjust it. Do you know if your sound card even supports 7.1 surround?

D

DiabloPablo

yes...it most definitely supports 7.1 surround sound speakers. people have told me that the problem is the wiring...the fact that its a 4:3 connection instead od 4:4

~fr33ze~

~fr33ze~

my 2 cents

well, it is all about holes on both sides :rolleyes:
I believe you have 4 holes for inputs on the sub. How many output holes on the souncard do you have?
4? Make sure they are all configured as outputs, motherboard audio has usually all outputs and inputs on 3 or 4 holes so you have to configure them according to your preferences unless they can automatically sense type of plug. Then all you need are 4 stereo mini jack to mini jack cables.
I think creative speakers ship with 3-to-4 cable because 7.1. Soundblasters have three holes for 7.1. setup, my X-Fi does anyway.
So if that is the case you can use the supplied cable to connect 3 out of 4 inputs with 3 out of 4 outputs and get another mini jack to minijack jack to connect the 4th output with the 4th input. But if only 2 speakers are woking than it is down to the settings for soundcard.

M

mk260

PC Guru
Creative sound cards use 4-pole output jacks in order to save space. In order to achieve 7.1 (which normally would require four separate 1/8" stereo outputs), you must use their 4:3 cable. It has taken me a great deal of research to hunt down this cable, even being told by a representative of Creative that such cable didn't exist. After being placed on hold forever, they finally admitted that such a cable does, in fact, exist. If anyone is interested, here is the part number: CB20320200053
Creative's Telephone number is 1-800-998-1000
Hope this helps

AMD Guy

AMD Guy

That is one of the reasons that I do not like Creative that much anymore. They sell sound cards with weird non-standard outputs so that you buy their speaker systems that have the appropriate cables included with them.

J

jordan314

a little late but...

Hi,
This is a little late, but I had the same problem and found a solution. I unplugged the grey cable from the subwoofer and left it hanging. Then I unplugged the black cable from both ends and plugged it into the SIDE inputs and outputs instead of REAR. Then I used a standard stereo minijack line to line cable and plugged it in to the REAR inputs and outputs.
Creative ****s for not selling a cable that works, putting a mythical cable on their instructions, advertising that the speakers will work with your card, and then lying to customers telling them that they need to buy a creative sound card. I blog about this here, and include a diagram for a setup that worked for me:
http://problemstosolve.com/computer...ire-set-without-a-creative-sound-card-solved/

Associates